Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: My Sister's Keeper :O)  (Read 7620 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: My Sister's Keeper :O)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »

They probaly had to ue that angle so they could cast Meridith Baxter Birney? lol She's in all Lifetime Movies, isn't she?

You know, if Mel's ever got to be a big success (haha!) ONe of my fears would have been That Lifetime would ask to make a movie for it and it would end up staring the old cast of Family Ties minus Michael J Fox. lmao

LMAO!!!

Broken would make a great Lifetime movie too... they could find some Disney Channel former child star reject to play Nick, and Meredith Baxter could be Jane Carter.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:45:27 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »

Wow, I just finished the part about Kate and Taylor, and I am a complete crying mess LOL.  I think that may have been my favorite chapter so far, though, cause it showed Kate as more than just the sick little girl or the dying sister.  We got to see her as a real teenage girl in that part.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

Yeah, that was a pretty sad chapter. :( I had almost forgotten about that one.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »

Now with the ending, it was a toss up for me. At first I was beyond pissed. I just couldn't believe she chose to end it that way after all the struggling. I mean I was just ticked. Then again after Campbell, Anna was my fave character.

But then I reread the ending and thought about it from more a writer's standpoint. I asked myself how would I end it then. And I couldn't think of a better way to do it. I thought of ways, but none of them fit better in my eyes.

So her ending was shocking, upsetting, and emotional, but at the same time, it had to end that way. I don't think they should change it.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

and while everyone is talking about this, which makes me happy by the way :) dare I even say warm and also fuzzy? lol Anywho...

This week you guys should try to finish it up. There's really not much more and I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of the real ending! lol

And that would be the main question, what did you think of the ending? Do you think it was realistic or were you disappointed?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 08:18:20 PM »

Now with the ending, it was a toss up for me. At first I was beyond pissed. I just couldn't believe she chose to end it that way after all the struggling. I mean I was just ticked. Then again after Campbell, Anna was my fave character.

But then I reread the ending and thought about it from more a writer's standpoint. I asked myself how would I end it then. And I couldn't think of a better way to do it. I thought of ways, but none of them fit better in my eyes.

So her ending was shocking, upsetting, and emotional, but at the same time, it had to end that way. I don't think they should change it.

Like I said at the start of this thread, I loved the ending and would have even taken it one step further, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished yet so Julie hurry up! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 09:35:26 PM »

LMAO I'm hurrying!  I'm almost done, but I can already infer how it's going to end...
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

I don't have to hurry, then? lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »

and while everyone is talking about this, which makes me happy by the way :) dare I even say warm and also fuzzy? lol Anywho...

This week you guys should try to finish it up. There's really not much more and I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of the real ending! lol

And that would be the main question, what did you think of the ending? Do you think it was realistic or were you disappointed?

I hated it. lol. There you go. Mostly I felt it was completely unrealistic, and forced. She just did it so she could say "gotcha" and prove a point. I hate it when writers do that. All it did was ruin the book for me and make me feel like I'd wasted my time investing in the situation and all the characters. She may have been trying to prove a point, and I know the point she was trying to make, but for me, all it did was make the book feel pointless. I'm personally ok with Hollywood changing the ending. Since I immediately changed it in my mind anyway.

Of course I have a feeling that I'm in the minority here... (Lol, Mare you probably loved it.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:14:35 AM by honey »
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2009, 05:19:17 PM »

I think to end it any other way would have cheapened the story and made it more LifeTime movie of the week-ish to be honest. I think it wasn't forced at all. The entire time I was thinking, if they all live happily ever after I will be soo annoyed because in a situation like this, there really is no happily ever after. That would have ruined the book for me. That's another reason why I enjoy her writing style, all her bookks are kind of the same. You don't walk away warm and fuzzy because you are't supposed to. She leaves everything very up in the air. I'm surprised she's letting them change it. I'm disappointed in her for that. They must have given her a lot of money! I mean to change something a little bit is one thing but to totally overhaul an ending is something else.

And I thought you had read this already Julilly lol sorry then you hurry up too although we are pretty much giving things away and should stop. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »

** Okay, I'm going to try not to spoil anything directly, but if you haven't finished the book, you may not want to read this whole post... **

I finished the book last night and couldn't sleep afterwards!  I thought I knew how it was going to end... I at least knew it was going to be a sad ending; like Mare, I just couldn't see them all living happily ever after at the end either.  But I wasn't expecting what really did happen!  When I got to the beginning of that chapter, though, the one from Brian's POV, I just knew... at the first inkling, I knew.

I'm still not really sure how to feel about it.  It was an incredibly sad and cruel twist.  I wouldn't go so far as to say it's unrealistic though... the reality is, stuff like that can and does happen in an instant, every hour of every day, even to families who are already dealing with other tragedies.  I can definitely see Kelly's point about it making the whole story seem pointless though.  A story shouldn't necessarily be JUST like real life, a string of random events.  I think it would have worked out fine to just have let Kate die, which is what I thought was going to happen.  It still would have been a sad ending, it would have been realistic, and it would have shown that even though Anna - and, really, Kate - "won," they both just ended up losing.

So I dunno; I'm torn.  I don't think I would have ended it that way, were it my book.  That's the kind of ending I would have joked about it, but would never have actually gone through with because it seemed too disjointed from the rest of the story.  But I don't think it was a bad ending really.

And hey, I was right about Campbell!  LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2009, 06:00:19 PM »

LOL yes, you were right about Campbell :)

I would have killed them both and then given the last chapter to the mother.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

ALMOST DONE!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »

Good! Don't read any of these posts until you finish! lol

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

DONE!

Now going back to read posts lol
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8