Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Which Stephen King book should we discuss?

Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Cell
- 6 (75%)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
- 1 (12.5%)
The Eyes of the Dragon
- 0 (0%)
The Stand
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Cell discussion thread  (Read 5804 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

HA! Take THAT!

LOL you would be the rebel

No, I've read it. It was one of the few books of his I didn't really like. Well, except for the ones where he's NOT drunk or stoned :P

Really? hmm. How come? Just curious.

And btw Mare thanks to you I ended up ditching Christine and picking up Gunslinger  :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

hehe lol I agree abouyt the Gunslinger. That one doesn't even begin to cover what the hecl the Dark Tower is all about and wow I just realized when you slepp tower on the keyboard all the keys are right beside each other besides the O...cool!

:) lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos

hehe lol I agree abouyt the Gunslinger. That one doesn't even begin to cover what the hecl the Dark Tower is all about and wow I just realized when you slepp tower on the keyboard all the keys are right beside each other besides the O...cool!

Just curious. Are you by chance on cold medications today? ;)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

lmao *stares at all the typos*

And yeah Gunslinger doesn't represent the series at all. Drawing of the Three starts to, but doesn't even quite get there. I'd say Wastelands is really when you're shown completely what you might be in for.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

yeah my computer is being super slow and I didn't have the patience to sit here and wait to be able to fix things. LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

SO, does everyone have the book yet or should we wait another week before we start? I don't have it yet personally but if i'm the only one i'll be more than happy to get things going today so, let me know how the progress is going.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

I don't have it yet... I'm going to be at Barnes & Noble on Saturday, so I might get it then, but last time I was there, they didn't have it... so I don't know.  Maybe I should just order it.  Either way, if we could wait a week, that would be great!  I'm almost done with the book I'm reading now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I am going to try to get it tomorrow on my way home from school because I pass a Borders but i'm usually soo exhausted after school I never want to stop in there! LOL

I think we should wait a week. So, let's say we'll start next Monday or we could even wait until the first. I guess i'll see where everyone is at that point. I just started reading a new book today, which was dumb of me.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary

Yeah, I ordered two books a few weeks ago, and am almost done with one... the other one I haven't even touched yet... and I'm still not done with The Stand...  But I guess too many good books is better than not enough!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I'm reading another Jodi book. I need an intervention. lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

I got my book, but I haven't started reading it yet.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Cell discussion thread
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »

Okay everyone, I think we'll start officially discussing this on on Wednesday. It makes sense to just wait until the end of the month. I did finally get my book on Friday though so, i'm probably going to read it starting tomorrow so I have a good idea of what to ask everyone as we read.

For those of you that do have it and want to start, go ahead! I'll be back on Wednesday to officially kick things off!  :wave: Hey, where's the woot guy?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »

I looked for my book this weekend, and naturally, Barnes & Noble still did not have it, so I'm ordering it.  But I'll catch up when it gets here; spring break is next week.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 09:06:31 PM »

I'm 30 pages in! Woot! I was reading it and my husband was laughing at the faces I was making while reading. It's funny because I always watch horror, but I've never actually read it. It's still gross even when it's written on paper. But the thing with reading is, I can't shut my eyes when the nasty parts come and wait for Josh to tell me when it's over.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »

Why don't we just start the ball rolling on this one. I just finished the first part of this story and all I can say is WTF? and Holy Hell! lol So now it's time for everyone else to get their WTF's and Holy Hells in.

Let's try to read up to the end of the first part. That's about 84 pages or so.

Did you feel like you were right in the middle of the action?

Did you think he did a god job at his descriptions of what was going on?

How do you feel about Clay, Tom, The girl (I can't remember her name lol) and the hotel dude?

Anything bugging you about the story so far?

:) happy reading!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6