Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Harry Potter Discussion (for those who've read all the books!)  (Read 11745 times)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: Harry Potter Discussion (for those who've read all the books!)
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 09:58:43 AM »

Mare, glad you finished the books!  To what you were saying about the deaths-- such as Lupin and Tonks being random-- I just wanted to say that Lupin wasn't supposed to die originally.  Rowling was planning on having Mr. Weasley die, but she decided that he was too much of a father figure for Harry, so she switched his life for Lupin.   :'(  I love Lupin... when I read that their bodies were lying there motionless, I was in denial.  "They're just lying down after the battle, they're tired!"  LoL

And I wasn't quite sure about where their child went to live either.  Harry was the godfather but in the epilogue it didn't seem like he lived with them... I probably need to read the book again, too! 

And Julie, about Umbridge being your favorite villain/character- I seriously hate her more than I hate Voldemort!!!!!  Odd, perhaps, but I feel like she never gets what is coming to her!  In book 7, she's all evil, and she basically gets away with it.  If there's ever a HP 8, she needs to die.  I'm just saying.   :D

Anyone excited about the HP park opening in Universal Studios later this month?   ;D ;D ;D

Ugh, I agree.  I hate Umbridge more than Voldy too.  In a way I'm glad that they brought her back in Deathly Hallows, but I wish the centaurs would have finished her off for good or Nagini squeezed her to death or something equally fitting. :)  I have to say, I'm almost as obsessed with HP as I am BSB!

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »

Lupin and Tonks son Teddy lives with Tonks' mother. It's very different from what Harry went through. But I love love loved all the books.I can't wait for november!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 06:17:32 PM »

I know!!  The DH trailer gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!  Even the poster gave me goosebumps!

And Jen, I'm the same way.  I'm annoyed that DH Part I comes out on our last day of parent-teacher conferences; otherwise, I would so take a personal day that day so I could go to the midnight showing.  Oh well... I'll do it for Part II for sure!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:41 PM »

I know!!  The DH trailer gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!  Even the poster gave me goosebumps!

And Jen, I'm the same way.  I'm annoyed that DH Part I comes out on our last day of parent-teacher conferences; otherwise, I would so take a personal day that day so I could go to the midnight showing.  Oh well... I'll do it for Part II for sure!

The poster did for me because it's so much like the one for SS...but of course SS's castle is happy (The Magic Begins) and DH's castle is destroyed (The End is Here). 

I'm going to cry when the last movie comes out...I just KNOW I will.  At that point I will begin campaigning heavily for a book 8.  Until then I at least have the movies. :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 05:03:25 PM »

I know!  And me too...
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »

I wish JKR would do a "prequel"/full-length of Dumbledore's story. It would be EPIC.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »

I wish she'd do a prequel too!  The Marauders Era would be my pick, but a Dumbledore one would be interesting too.
~Julie

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »

That would be awesome i would love to hear about the marauders adventures as well as a nice dumbledore story.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 11:01:58 PM »

I wish she'd do a prequel too!  The Marauders Era would be my pick, but a Dumbledore one would be interesting too.
Ohhh, I never thought of the Marauders! That'd be great.
Or Regulus Blacks' story.
I'd also like to learn more about Snape. I ended up really liking Snape after the revelation in Deathly Hallows. After that one chapter it throws so much of the rest of his actions into perspective...
Neville Longbottom has a lot to offer a sequel, too, IMO.
LOL JKR has sooo much work to do if she listens to me.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »

Ohhh, I never thought of the Marauders! That'd be great.
Or Regulus Blacks' story.
I'd also like to learn more about Snape. I ended up really liking Snape after the revelation in Deathly Hallows. After that one chapter it throws so much of the rest of his actions into perspective...
Neville Longbottom has a lot to offer a sequel, too, IMO.
LOL JKR has sooo much work to do if she listens to me.

I'd love a Marauders one, which I would hope covered the Snape angle. :)

That and Dumbledore, epic stories.

I'll read anything JKR does in the future though, her ability to create a totally new universe that detailed and creative just amazes me.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »

I'd also love a book just about the Weasleys lol I loved them.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 11:34:23 PM »

That's one of the many awesome things about this series; all the characters are fantastic!!  You can't help but love all of them, even the ones you love to hate.  There's so much depth to all of the main and even supporting characters, and even though there are so many, they're all different from each other.  I've never been able to pick a favorite character because I have way more than just one!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 11:36:37 PM »

Seriously, the characters are epic. I always wanted to really see things from Draco's POV too. Cause even though his a "villain" he's also a victim of everything too. Just as much as Harry is by the end of it. He's what his parents raised him to be, and he knows nothing else. It almost gets him killed, and he has that idea of competing with Harry jealousy too. I'd just love to see something from his POV.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »

Draco is absolutely fascinating, that's for sure.

But I can hands down say Dumbledore is my favorite character. I literally find myself pausing to think about everything that he says in depth, even the silly things, because there's a meaning to all of it. Like I spent an hour thinking about the wool socks he claimed to see in Erised.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »

Dumbledore is definitely one of mine too.  Sirius is another.  I love anything to do the Marauders!
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7