Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Felix Awards Status Update  (Read 13040 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Felix Awards Status Update
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:56:36 PM »

Hello all,

I know you're all patiently awaiting the results of the awards, and the red carpet/awards show.

I can promise you that it is coming, but there has been a delay.

Of our seven judges, three of them did not complete their duties and have left us hanging. Mare and I have worked it out so the slack will be picked up but I have to express our frustration:

Things like this will threaten the future of the Felix Awards. If we can't rely on people who volunteer to be judges then it's not going to work. We can't be doing it all ourselves every year (since this happened last year too, though not quite to this degree).

So thank you to those judges that came through for us, and thank you to everyone else for being so patient. The awards show is coming, I promise you, just give us a little time to catch up. :)

Thank you!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Felix Awards Status Update
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:25 PM »

Irresponsible people suck. If you agree to commit to something, you need to stick to it. If you know something may come up, don't do it. That's why I didn't, even though I was considering it.

Sorry you guys have to deal with that  :-[
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »

Irresponsiblit y does suck and at this point there's no acceptable excuse for it.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »

Three out of seven is a horrible ratio!!  WTF?  Mare's right; there is no excuse for that!  The judges were given MONTHS to read and judge their categories, and you guys made sure to remind us and check in with us during that time, so forgetting isn't an excuse, and being busy isn't an excuse either.  If you're busy for three months straight, you have no business volunteering to judge.

Sucks that we have to wait in suspense for results, but thanks for the update!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:28:32 PM »

I was starting to wonder...and the reason why is very frustrating!   Hopefully, there will be more seasons of the awards, and hopefully the people who volunteer to judge will take their obligation more seriously. 

BOO on them!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »

Yeah, I would hate to see these awards stop because of slackers.  There aren't many fanfic awards left, and the Felix Awards are nice because they are fair (or as fair as possible, at least).  I like that there are both voted categories and judged categories, and the judged ones have a rubric and require judges' comments, so it's fairly objective.  It would be a shame to have to stop them after this season.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »

^ Sadly the whole judge's comments and rubric are what's making this whole thing so frustrating because that takes time. It just sucks that we have to pick up the slack for people when I know i'm probably just as busy as they are. Like I said, at this point, there's no excuse I would accept. The only thing I want at this point is a good old fashioned apology for sucking ass! LOL

To be fair, one did contact us at least once to let us know she was going to be late but she said a day or so. That was a few weeks ago. One contacted us and said she just wasn't going to do it but one didn't even bother saying anything at all.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »

That totally sucks.
~Julie

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:49:16 AM »

I was starting to wonder about it too. That really sucks for you guys...but I hope you guys don't stop doing the Awards, it's always fun and suspensful!!

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »

I was starting to wonder about it too. That really sucks for you guys...but I hope you guys don't stop doing the Awards, it's always fun and suspensful!!

I agree with you. I was wondering what was going on. I've never been apart of something like this and I'm excited to see the reults for the people I voted for. They, as well as everyone else are very deserving.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »

Thanks for the update, I was wondering about it.  I bet you are well pissed off with those people who let you down, if they couldn't do it, they shouldn't have volunteered in the first place.

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:28:45 PM »

Ditto on what everyone else said.  I was wondering why we hadn't heard any updates, but considering the reason it's completely understandable!  Boo to those people who didn't follow through when they said they would judge.  I'm not terribly fond of flakes, as I am usually the person who ends up picking up the slack for them  ::)

Take all the time you need for judging  :)
my muse is such a lush

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 08:31:28 PM »

I agree with you. I was wondering what was going on. I've never been apart of something like this and I'm excited to see the reults for the people I voted for. They, as well as everyone else are very deserving.

And just so you know, you may want to look at the rules for posting signatures. That picture is a bit on the big side. :)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »

Hopefully we have the Awards on one of my days off, & when my Dad's not on the computer-lol. :)

And this is one of the last fan fic awards. Some of the Awards I was nominated for, in, like, 2005 or whatever still never posted the results. They'd gotten to the results point, but never said who won. :(

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

LOL well, that's annoying.
Pages: [1] 2 3