Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

What would you like to read in July?

'Salem's Lot
- 0 (0%)
Kissed by an Angel
- 3 (42.9%)
The Guardian
- 1 (14.3%)
A Lantern in Her Hand
- 0 (0%)
The Host
- 1 (14.3%)
Misery
- 0 (0%)
New Moon
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: July Book Poll  (Read 3551 times)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Re: July Book Poll
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »

ooh Angels and Demons would have been perfect since the movie just came out. I did like the Davinci Code better but most everyone else liked Angels and Demons over that one.

I haven't read Angels and Demons either, and I actually have it on my bookshelf....

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »

So sounds like we should definitely do Angels and Demons another month.  If there's a month coming up that no one has chosen, maybe just say, "We're going to read this book."
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 10:26:38 PM »

I tried that with A Thousand Splendid Suns and it didn't seem to work lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 11:02:14 PM »

^

For the record...I do have A Thousand Splendid Suns on my nightstand!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 11:03:21 PM »

Yes, I know that! lol yay!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »

I just finished a book and started a new one today...A Thousand Splendid Suns is next in cue!  I am also trying to do some writing and hopefully manage an update in the next couple of days, but my goal is to start it next week and read it while we are on vacation, I will be logging some time in the car the week before the 4th so I should have it read by the time I get back, if not before!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

I know, I keep saying I should really be writing as well, but I just haven't wanted to yet. Hopefully as the summer progresses i'll be more enrgized to write something.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »

I got about 3 pages into my next chapter that has been sitting cold for a month....I really just want to finish and be done with it!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »

Wow, well 3 pages is better than nothing! I know what you mean. I only have one more chapter to go to finish my story lol

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 09:55:59 AM »

I picked the Guardian cause with the exception of Twilight (which you won't catch me dead reading), I've read most of the others and thought that one sounded kinda good.

If you wanna remove Twilight from there and have a book that goes with the all around regions of the US... may I suggest (or for just future reading) Jack Kerouac's "On the Road"...

truly great work of literary genius  ;)
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »

Wow, well 3 pages is better than nothing! I know what you mean. I only have one more chapter to go to finish my story lol

Yeah...but 3 pages in a month?  I wrote the first part and it was AWFUL so I stepped away for a while, then went back a couple of days ago and rewrote it and got a little further.  Not so good for me because I usually am able to flow after I get started, and I have opened it many times and stared at the blinking cursor.  I am running low on mojo lately.  You are lucky to only have one chapter left!  I just want to get through Casual, once I'm finished, not sure if I will start anything else for a long time, if at all...

Hopefully you will find your mojo to finish up your story...one chapter isn't too bad, you can do it!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »

Uh oh, we have a four-way tie LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

I haven't voted yet, still debating. Though I know if I voted New Moon Mare would stabbity stab me lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:26 PM »

I wouldn't stabbity stab you but I might fixety fix it lol ;)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »

I haven't voted either...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4