Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: How to Catch and unmask a plagiarist the fun continues...  (Read 32994 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: How to Catch and unmask a plagiarist the fun continues...
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:33 PM »

Wow, i'm actually impressed by Miss Bunny lol I'm glad their finally taking things seriously there.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2009, 03:20:01 PM »

I love how she kept menitoning the lawsuit would scare Tanja lol She was probably pooping in her pants. What a tool! Tanja if you're reading this, you're a tool.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »

So, I was thinking (and sorry if I'm getting off topic here, but...), you know how on certain websites, when you scroll over something and try to copy the text or the picture or whatever, it won't let you?

Is there some kind of way to incorporate that feature into the AC site so that trying to plagiarize the stories would be harder? Or, do you even get what I'm talking about? lol.

I know what you're talking about and even if we did that, people like Tanja would still find a way to copy our stuff. Now, if we could also add mild electrocution to the mix...

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 03:49:08 PM »

What I did on my site was to make the fanfics section a members only place.  A few of the members on there came to me and asked if I'd do that as they were worried about their stories being copied, etc.  I know that wouldn't really be possible here, but could her IP be banned?  That would stop her getting onto the site.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »

how so? Does she finally believe us?

LMFAO omg, that's a whole nother story.

This girl is telling me on Twitter that Tanja says the plagiarizing was done from her accounts... she'll admit that... but someone ELSE was doing it under her accounts.  She was framed!!  Oh noes!!  LMFAO
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 03:51:43 PM »

I love how she kept menitoning the lawsuit would scare Tanja lol She was probably pooping in her pants. What a tool! Tanja if you're reading this, you're a tool.

LMAO!!!

It's so true...
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »

I know what you're talking about and even if we did that, people like Tanja would still find a way to copy our stuff. Now, if we could also add mild electrocution to the mix...

That certainly makes it more of a hassle, but it's still possible to get around if you now how to get into the HTML source and whatnot.

Besides, I think Tanja has moved on from Bsb fics.  She doesn't wanna mess with us anymore!  She's going to find that she doesn't want to mess with the Supernatural writers either though... apparently they're giving her shit now too LOL.  But she hasn't taken a Bsb fic - that we know of - since we kicked her off Refresh the first time.  Since then, it's been Supernatural, Twilight, HSM, that kind of thing.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 03:57:55 PM »

LMFAO omg, that's a whole nother story.

This girl is telling me on Twitter that Tanja says the plagiarizing was done from her accounts... she'll admit that... but someone ELSE was doing it under her accounts.  She was framed!!  Oh noes!!  LMFAO

lmao why is that always the next logical progression for liars? The whole, someone else took over my accounts and posted it, defense! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2009, 04:01:40 PM »

Wow, i'm actually impressed by Miss Bunny lol I'm glad their finally taking things seriously there.

Go Miss Bunny!  She actually posted something on the sticky like I asked her to, acknowledging that in fact, YES, LuckyMe and ~Jess~ ARE the same people, and they ARE plagiarizers!  Hallelujah, justice at last!

http://www.refresh.com/teen-chat/supernatural-fanfic/44227-please-read.html

Now WHY she couldn't have done that three years ago, I'm not sure.  I guess it pays to be nice... I wasn't in as much of a rage this time as I was last time, especially with all their Nazi tactics, and so I guess she actually deemed me worth listening to this time.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »

Does she realize you are the same person as before? Or are you posing? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2009, 04:06:33 PM »

That's awesome! Good for Refresh!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »

Does she realize you are the same person as before? Or are you posing? lol

No, she knows LOL.  I wasn't sure, but when she told me about that other thread where Tanja came in as Jess, she called it "your thread from before."  And sure enough, I was the one who started it, as RokofAges.  I'm on there as DSanctuary now because my RokofAges sn is still banned, but I made it obvious who I am, my website, etc.
~Julie

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »

So, I was thinking (and sorry if I'm getting off topic here, but...), you know how on certain websites, when you scroll over something and try to copy the text or the picture or whatever, it won't let you?

Is there some kind of way to incorporate that feature into the AC site so that trying to plagiarize the stories would be harder? Or, do you even get what I'm talking about? lol.

I could certainly look into doing something like that, though as someone else mentioned I think she's finished copying BSB stuff (though she *did* play with fire by coming here, so I'm thinking she probably likes the attention enough that she may end up coming back here again in another incarnation (if she's not already here...:shiftyeyes:)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

Omg, you guys are not going to believe this!  Especially Julilly!!

Playbunny PMed me again on Refresh and tipped me off to this little tidbit we never realized!  In one of the original threads we started over there, back in November 2006, bitching about Tanja plagiarizing as LuckyMe... Tanja came in and replied as JESS, several times!!!  We had no idea it was her at the time, but that little bitch was sitting around just playing along with us the whole time!

http://www.refresh.com/teen-chat/mcfly-fanfic/37005-plagiarism-second-time-5.html

Oh if only they allowed me to have weapons...
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

Huh. That makes me wonder if any of the other people there were also "Tanja"/"Jess". Probably she was her own "fans" writing comments on her stolen fics. And maybe the incredibly unsympathetic Mod who kept closing and deleting the threads. lol. Eek. Boggles the mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6