Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: It's almost time!  (Read 6752 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
It's almost time!
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:54:38 AM »

So shortly before an awards show there's always those people who predict the outcomes and talk about fashion and biggest overlooks etc...

I thought it would be fun to make a thread for that. LOL

So what does everyone plan on wearing?

Do you have a speech prepared?

Do you think you'll win? If not who are you predicting to win?

etc...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: It's almost time!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:32:57 PM »

LOL we're like E!

I'm likely going to be wearing my favorite pair of pajamas.  Sorry, I don't remember the designer!  LOL

I do have a speech written just in case, but I'm not counting on winning.  There are so many great nominees in the categories I'm up for, it's hard to even predict who might win... it really could be anyone's game!

For Best Action/Adventure, I think it could be Filiklepto, who has such fresh, original stories, like "On the Rails."  Or it could be Honey and Sarah, who are so talented on their own, that a merging of their talents must be amazing!  Or Mare, who is a great suspense writer and whose stories have done so well at the Felix Awards in the past.

For Alternate Universe, I'm predicting a win by Julilly or Honey.  "Satin and Silk" is a lovely story, and although I haven't read "Searching for Mercy," (sorry Kelly), "If We Were a Movie" is a great, fun romance, and I'm sure SFM is great too.

Best Collab?  Well, we're up against Chaos - what can I say?  LOL  Again, there are a lot of talented writers in this category.  If Chaos and Spencer don't win, it could be Honey and Starbeamz... and then there's Jenna and Swenglish, whose series I adore.  Tough competition!

There's a few predictions for a few categories, but I'm not discounting the overlooks either... like I said, it could be anyone's game!  I would love to see some new faces take home awards on Saturday! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

Yes, we are like E! only with less orange and annoying type people! lol and yes before anyone asks, I also know that one of the red carpet questions is about what you all are wearing, but since some of you didn't fill that out you can tell us now. :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »

I'm really excited. I too will be in my pajamas. LOL. I have a speech but I don't predict I will win. There are so many amazing writers nominated. I predict Erica and Lenni will win eveything they are nominated for. They are very deserving as is everyone else who was nomimnated.

I'm looking forward to this and seeing if my predictions are right.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

I will be wearing my "What Would Nick Do?" T-shirt and a pair of boxers, which are my pjs lol. The shirt was designed by someone in the BSB camp, lol.

I have speeches prepared, I actually tried to have a lot of fun with it. But to be honest, given my competition, I don't see me winning. Because my stuff is up against some immensely talented authors!

My main prediction is Best Collab, I'd love to take that one again, but I think it's gonna go to Kelly and Sarah.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »

Well, seeing as how these awards are taking place at 5pm and It's going to be in the middle of dinner time with a million people over for my mother's birthday, I will most likely be forgoing the PJ's this year. (Though it was a fabulous choice for last year.) So, knowing me, I'll be in some kind of skirt and t-shirt. (I wear skirts pretty-much daily. Pants are so over-rated!)

And if We've got the slip n' slide and the skim boards out for the party then I'll probably be sporting a swimsuit and beach towel. Ohh-la-la!  (Yes I will be blowing off a family party for the awards ceremony, lol, but they'll be here all day. They can watch my kids for a while.)

As far as predictions, it's hard to say. There are a tone of great stories, half of which I haven't read. I'm sure we'll see a couple of the oldies take some of the awards, (I mean how could Mare and Chaos not win one or two?) But there were some great new authors on the list this year, so I'll bet we're in for a couple of surprises! I did prepare my speeches but I'm sure most of them were completely unnecessary. And thanks, you guys for the kind words about Sarah and I. (Since we were slackers and didn't write speeches for the awards we were nominated for together.)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:19:15 PM »

I don't know if I'll be around for the actual ceremony!  But, in the event I am I'll probably be at my boyfriend's house (where I usually am on Saturday evenings) and wearing shorts and a tshirt. 

I did prepare a speech, and it would be really cool if I won, but I'm up against a lot of really awesome authors in my category (best challenge)  My prediction is that the award could go to anyone in that category really, all of the stories are awesome!  I guess I'll go with honey or Chaos, since they seem to be popular authors on the site :)

That being said I'm really excited for this!  I was around for the Felix awards last year, but at that point I was still kind of new to AC and whatnot.  This time around I'll have read a lot more of the stories, and I've gotten to know everyone better so it should be lots of fun!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 12:24:34 PM »

This will be my first time participating in the Felix Awards and I'm very excited! In actuality I'll probly be wearing shorts and a tank top...then again it depends on the day because the weather here, in Michigan, has been NUTS this year...it's been cold for most of July, so I might be wearing sweats, LOL.

The only category I'm up for in the judged portion is Best Unfinished, which I am betting either Ash or Darby will take. I almost didn't prepare a speech because I'm sure I won't win the category, but ended up doing it, just for fun!

There are a lot of stories, up for awards,  that I haven't read but I'm predicting that Mare, Ash, Julilly, Kelly and Rose will all take at least one award home. I'm also pretty sure that 00Carter will end up with Best Collab. I am rooting for Erika to get something for Sinister Devotion, too, because I think it's an amazing story. I'll be excited to see how everything goes down!  :)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »

I'm a first timer too...and I will be hostessing with the mostessing by having two of my hubby's brothers over along with their families for a cookout on Saturday night, but I will check in throughout the night!  I will probably have on my normal summer gear...a sundress or some shorts and a top.

I wrote one speech for all of the different judged awards, I have no expectations. It meant a lot for me to be nominated (I know that sounds very Sally Field and cliched but it is true).  I wrote actual speeches for geared toward the readers choice ones that I know I won.

I have no idea who will win any of the awards...I haven't read a lot of the stories nominated but I definitely have a few I plan to read.  And, of the ones that I have read that are nominated it's hard to say because I love them all.  I am excited to see how this all turns out!!! 

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »

Another first timer here  :)  I will be in Louisville tomorrow (or Lou-uh-vul for those playing along) for my friend's husband's 30th birthday bash so I'll be all dressed up in a pretty dress with somewhere to go, but I can't wait to get home and find out who won.

I did write a speech but it was generic for all my stories because I'm busy busy with work.  I don't have any great expectations either... I'm just thrilled that someone enjoyed my stories enough for them to make the list -- so thanks everyone!

I don't know who will win, but I do know that anyone who does win will be deserving of their award.  I have read nearly all of the nominated stories in entirety and I'm still working on some and I have not been disappointed by the talent.  So good luck to everyone tomorrow night!
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 05:37:30 AM »

I think I'll be a little bit late for the awards, so don't do too much without me! :P

At 5 PM PST I'll just be getting home from work at Disneyland, so it looks like I will be wearing my costume to the Felix Awards~

I prepared a speech, which I hope you guys have a copy of because I can't remember what I did with it, and I hope I get to use it for at least one of the categories I was nominated in... but even if I don't win anything, I won't be too disappointed because I'm up against some really amazing writers/stories and don't actually expect to win an award tomorrow.  (Fingers crossed anyway though, hehe!)

Good luck, everyone~!
my muse is such a lush

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 08:47:29 AM »

Well, I'll be out tonight at a wedding party so I'll be wondering who won what!  But at least I'll be dressed up for the occasion :)

As for predictions, I have no idea who will win, but I'm sure everyone will be deserving of their awards.  Can't wait to see.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 03:19:26 PM »

I think I'll be a little bit late for the awards, so don't do too much without me! :P

At 5 PM PST I'll just be getting home from work at Disneyland, so it looks like I will be wearing my costume to the Felix Awards~

Who do you play at Disneyland??  Do you like your job?
~Julie

Chrissy

• Captain of Commotion
  • the author formerly known as filiklepto
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »

At Disneyland I am a Main Street, USA hostess, so I get to wear this great vintage outfit: blue and white striped top with poofy sleeves, a long gray skirt, and a bow tie... I feel like I work in an old-fashioned soda shoppe or something!

Mostly I work in the big store, called the Emporium, or the Candy Palace.  :)
my muse is such a lush

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 09:53:23 PM »

Ah, cool!  That's probably better than playing one of the Disney characters, costume-wise... I'm sure the ones with the big heads get really hot!!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2