Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich  (Read 2117 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »

I'm just about done with the third book (which is also the 1st book i'm reading. lol) and I was wondering if any of you have read these and what your thoughts are on them. Besides The Dark Tower Series and The Mayflower Chronicles, i'm usually not a big fan of series books.

I am reading the HP series though and did kind of like this book. I'm not really that into the main character. I find her too dumb and annoying but I am enjoying the people she's surrounded by. I know Darby, you've read these as well.

I ordered the first two books off amazon for really cheap so i'm going to give them a chance.

Anyway who are your favorite characters so far? Keep in mind, I might not even know them depending on how far a long in the series you are. Right now i'm loving Lula and Stephanie's grandmother.

I find Stephanie, Morelli and Ranger annoying. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Re: The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »

Stephanie's mom makes me laugh, as does her dad's blantant indifference. 

I'm glad you ordered the first two but bummed you don't like Ranger or Morelli. I think you will like them both more after the first book, Ranger even moreso in much later books if you make it that far! One makes Morelli make sense!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »

He makes sense to me he's just kind of the typical guy in a romance to me. Just like she's the typical girl. Nothing special about either of them as of yet anyway. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 10:18:22 PM »

I've read them all and enjoyed them all.. I call them my junk food of reading. when I want something quick and easy to read that will bring me a few chuckles I pick one of these up. 

I like Lulu ... if you haven't gotten that far, keep going. Her grandma is who really makes me continue reading, she's a kick!!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »

I just suggested this series on the other book thread.

I really liked the series up to about book twelve.  I'm really getting annoyed by the whole love triangle thing.  She hasn't done enough with Ranger and the back and forth with Morelli is frustrating.  I just wish she'd make up her mind already!! 

My favorite character is Lula with Grandma Mazer a close second.  I keep reading these books just because of the laugh factor of these two characters alone. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »

They are making a movie version of this series and I think it would be so much better as a TV show instead! I can't see this translating well into movie format.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »

Yeah, at one time they had filmed a TV pilot - I agree, a weekly episode would be much more entertaining than a movie. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »

They just cast Katherine Heigle as Stephanie and Sherry Sheppard as Lula. Not sure how I feel about that but I know I am not crazy about Sherry Sheppard if she's who I think she is! The View chick?

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

I have read all of these books...love them, but they are junk reading for sure.  I like the first books best.  One is my fave.   They are all fun, easy reads.  I love Stephanie's grandma and her Dad has some really funny moments in the later books.  I love Mooner too. 

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:43:01 PM »

Yeah, at one time they had filmed a TV pilot - I agree, a weekly episode would be much more entertaining than a movie. 

I agree!  It would make a great tv series!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »

I think Heigel might work for Stephanie but I don't like who IMbD is saying is cast as Joe Morelli, can't remember his name now.  If that's who they cast, I just might have to think Stephanie is crazy for not hooking up with Ranger all the time.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »

After seeing these books recommended here, I'm now reading the first one.  Enjoying it so far, even though I've not got far yet.  It seems like an easy read, which sometimes is a good thing :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »

They are really cute, funny book. I think you'll enjoy them Steph.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 05:55:38 AM »

I'm liking the grandmother Mazur so far, she's funny!  I'm nearly halfway through the book and am enjoying it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 07:18:24 AM »

She's my favorite character in the series. Her and Lula lol
Pages: [1] 2