Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!  (Read 22178 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »

So, I stumbled on Julie's old new year thread, from last year. Looked through, cause I was uberbored (and procrastinatin g), and realized I didn't really accomplish any resolution except one LOL.

http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,1580.0.html

Did you actually do what you had wanted to do last year?

Also, I'm pasting Julie's old survey, to do now that a year's passed. See if any answers change.

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009?  It can be a whole story or just a certain chapter or scene.  Give us a link or, if it's a really short excerpt (like a paragraph), post it here.

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 20082009).

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 20092010?  If so, what are they?

Add on Question: Has anything changed since the last time you answered this? Why?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New Year, so lets see what we accomplished Last Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:04:44 AM »

Wow... that thread seems a lot older than just a year LOL.  I guess a lot has changed since then.  Thanks for putting up my survey again; I forgot all about that! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2008 2009?
Song For The Undead, that definitely is it. It's been a challenge, especially with the updating consistency we've kept with it, and some issues. But I am so proud of that story.

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009?  It can be a whole story or just a certain chapter or scene.  Give us a link or, if it's a really short excerpt (like a paragraph), post it here.

Song For The Undead, no lie. http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 20082009).

Obviously, Undead, and you know, 00Carter is still on that list as well. I'm also proud of Just Another Day, if you can believe it. It's a piece of overdone fluff, but it's mine and it stuck with people I suppose, which I just realized last year. That's something to be proud of. It's not perfect, but it's mine.

4.  Give us a link to one of your own stories that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed, and tell us why you think it's worthy of being read.

Born To Be is still that story LOL. Though now it's partly my own fault for not updating lately. http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8954

5.  Switching over to praise for other writers, give us a link to someone ELSE'S story that you feel is undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  Again, tell us why you think this story is worthy of being read.

This is now harder, as I don't read like I used to LOL. Um....

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 20082009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

And here's where I go um....again

7.  Name an AC author who impressed you this year (with their writing, their updating, whatever it may be LOL), and tell us why.

Julie, again, actually. Writing with her, she amazes me all the time with what she comes up with and all the ways she makes sure something as crazy as zombies is as accurate as possible. She makes me work so hard at being the best writer I can be so I can match up.

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 20092010?  If so, what are they?

Rehab, I'd like to finish it LOL. Same with Divisions of Reality. Finish Season One of 00Carter (NOT gonna happen lmao, but I can dream)

Add on Question: Has anything changed since the last time you answered this? Why?

Definitely the fact I have no answers to the  questions about other stories. I just haven't had the time to read like I used to, and the stories that would get me to aren't updated much anymore.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »

Wow... that thread seems a lot older than just a year LOL.  I guess a lot has changed since then.  Thanks for putting up my survey again; I forgot all about that! LOL

Which I'm demanding you fill out LOL.

It does feel older, doesn't it? Feels weird.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48:42 AM »

LOL, I'm on it!

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2009?
Finally posting Song for the Undead and managing to update it consistently throughout the year.

This is one of the most twisted chapters I've ever written.  I love it.  http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551&chapter=31

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 2009).
I'm proud of Undead because it went from a joke to a "serious" story, and it's the first collaboration I've done in like 9 years that actually gets updated frequently and will be finished someday in the next year or two.

I don't have anything different to post here; the only stories I really care about are the ones I've talked about enough that they're not "undiscovered."

I can't think of one that is really undiscovered or underappreciat ed.  The stories I like are mostly classics or those that have already done well on AC.

"Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician": http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9731
I love it because it combines my two favorite fandoms, Bsb and Harry Potter, in a way that is funny and clever.  I wish it would get updated more often!

Tracy (DelphinaCarter) impresses me with how often she updates - on several different stories she has in the works, too.  I wish I could be that way again!  Looking at her profile on AC, she's only been a member for a year, and she's already racked up quite a few stories.  As someone who takes years to finish a story and has only really worked on two of them the last year, I admire that kind of productivity and prolificness!  http://accidentalchaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1656

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions for 2010?  If so, what are they?
About the same goals I had last year:  1) get back into Secrets of the Heart or another story of my own so I can write the way I did with Broken and BMS (which probably won't happen till summer), 2) write more than 3 episodes of 00Carter this year, and I'll add a new one, 3) continue updating Undead at least once a fortnight (LOL I got to use the word "fortnight"!).

Pretty much just the addition of Undead.  Undead was in the works at this time last year, but we hadn't started posting it yet, so I think I left it off last year's survey.
~Julie

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »

I guess finishing One In A Million, which I started in 2008, and writing most of The Frack and Frick Switch-- I only have another chapter or two to go.

2.  What do you feel was the best piece of writing you did in 2009? 
I'm proud of The Frack and Frick Switch.  I'd written romantic comedies before, but never a story that was mostly comedic, and I got some great feedback on it.

Hmm... not sure.  I love different stories for different reasons.  Even stories I wrote years ago that aren't up to par with what I currently consider well-written are special to me.  Every story is different. 

This story is called As Long As You Love Me.  I started writing it in a notebook one summer years ago when I worked at the pool and ended up typing what I had and finishing the story. I changed the title from You Wrote the Book On Love.  Its one of the romantic comedies I was talking about having written.  It's just a classic boy meets girl story that you read when you want to be in a good mood and have a happy ending.  :)

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9444

I just looked for it, and I don't see the story or the author anywhere... ?  Hmm... I can't think of the title off of the top of my head, but it was a historical romance.  I read the first few chapters and thought it was creative. I'll post it if I find it.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9934
Ten Things by Carter-Orange.  Its unfinished, and I haven't read all of what has been posted, but it seems creative, and I'm liking the voice of the story.

Hmm... there have been several, but I haven't really been on that much.  I barely found time to update the story I was working on, so I haven't read as much as I would have liked.  I've been trying to make time and get on here more. 

I'm planning on finishing The Frack and Frick Switch this month, and then there are two other stories that are in progress.  I've had to put them on the back-burner, but I'd like to focus more on them this year. 

This is the first one I've filled out, so... No.  :)

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »

"Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician": http://accidentalchaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9731
I love it because it combines my two favorite fandoms, Bsb and Harry Potter, in a way that is funny and clever.  I wish it would get updated more often!

Thank you!  You're right-- it hasn't been updated in forever!  That is actually one of the stories I was talking about focusing on this year.  Hopefully there will be plenty of chapters posted in 2010, and hopefully they will be worth reading.  LoL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

Thank you!  You're right-- it hasn't been updated in forever!  That is actually one of the stories I was talking about focusing on this year.  Hopefully there will be plenty of chapters posted in 2010, and hopefully they will be worth reading.  LoL

You're welcome!  Don't worry about it, take your time...  But yes, I do hope you update more in 2010 - I'm sure they'll be worth reading when you do! :)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »

Well that was depressing to go back and read my old survey because since then, I don't think i've written or read much of anything unless I have had to for the awards. I am happy for all of you who have your writing mojo and for all the newer writers who are in the same happy place I used to be a few years back. Maybe one day i'll come out of hibernation and write something. I guess the only thing that's true is the whole I quit writing thing. lol how sad is that? :(
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »

Well that was depressing to go back and read my old survey because since then, I don't think i've written or read much of anything unless I have had to for the awards. I am happy for all of you who have your writing mojo and for all the newer writers who are in the same happy place I used to be a few years back. Maybe one day i'll come out of hibernation and write something. I guess the only thing that's true is the whole I quit writing thing. lol how sad is that? :(

Awwww *hugs Mare* I need to give you another idea LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 11:57:13 PM »

That's very sad, Mare! :(  What about your original stuff?  Do you have any ideas for something new?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 07:34:47 AM »

I have been at a standstill with everything, sadly. I have a few ideas for a new original fic and want to write my second chapter for the Lima Bean story but I have absolutely no drive to do it. I sit in front of the computer and start doing other things instead. It's like something is keeping me from starting and I haven't figured out why. It's annoying. I am pretty sure my fanfic days are over. I have no desire to write it anymore which sucks because I wanted to finish Protect and Serve, not that anyone was reading it anyway, but more for me.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 02:25:05 PM »

1.  What was your biggest writing- or fanfic-related accomplishment of 2009?
I think taking part in a few of the challenges on here and starting a new story called Ten Things.

Personally, I think it was a one shot I wrote called Resistance.  It's not a BSB story, but really, it could be about anyone.  It's a historical story which was inspired by a song by Muse of the same title.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9898&warning=4

3.  Which of your own stories are you most proud of, and why?  (This doesn't have to be one written in 2009).
I'm quite proud of Ten Things because I'm having fun writing it.

Most of them are undiscovered, lol.  But I guess it depends on what people like to read.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9569

The Frick and Frack Switch by ForeverFrick is a great story and also Life After The Unexpected by Alota_Cookin is great too and is a prequel to Life According To Baylee which seems to be going down well on here.

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 2009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

It's got to be If We Were A Movie by Honey, which I came across a couple of weeks ago and loved from start to finish.  Also Song For The Undead which I'm completely hooked on, even though I'd never read a zombie story before.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8656
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551

Hmm, I'd say Rose & Julie who are writing Song For The Undead, because their chapters are consistently amazing and they update regularly.

8.  Do you have any writing- or fanfic-related resolutions fo 2010?  If so, what are they?
Pick up where I left off on a couple of my other stories, and finish Ten Things :)

Since last time, I think my writing has improved slightly and I feel more confident posting.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »

6.  What was the best story you discovered in 2009?  Provide a link, and tell why you liked it.

It's got to be If We Were A Movie by Honey, which I came across a couple of weeks ago and loved from start to finish.  Also Song For The Undead which I'm completely hooked on, even though I'd never read a zombie story before.

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8656
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9551

Hmm, I'd say Rose & Julie who are writing Song For The Undead, because their chapters are consistently amazing and they update regularly.

Awwww thank you! Seeing comments like this means a lot.  :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 06:20:07 PM »

^ Ditto - thanks, Steph!
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3