Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Suggestions for future featured stories  (Read 45431 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Suggestions for future featured stories
« on: June 01, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »

Starting next month i'm going to feature stories from authors who have already been featured but also will continue to feature newer authors as well.

Please leave some suggestions for stories you'd like to see featured. Keep in mind, it's best if they are finished or long enough that they can be discussed in the forum.

It's also nice if the author/authors are also people who post on the forum. They don't have to be, but it's a bonus because then we can get a discussion going.

You can recommend yourself if you'd like I promise i'll keep the  ::) down to a minimum.

I also have the right to say no to anyone douchy lol Because I can.  8-)

Happy recommending! lol

--------------------
Featured story list

August - Beautiful Lie by BiLittrell
September - Fearful Renegade by Scoobiegang
October - Song for the Undead by Julie and Rose
November - Ray of Hope by Kevmylove
December - Last Christmas by Rebellious_One
January - The Time Watcher by Pengi
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:20:48 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Suggestions for future featured stories
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »

I would throw evergreenwrite r83's name into the hat!

She has been quite a dedicated writer/updater! I notice her on the most recent page all the time and I believe she has finished "With the Band" and it seemed to be quite popular! :)
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »

I agree about Evergreenwrite r83.  With The Band was a really good story and I'm trying to catch up with the sequel Cruise Control at the moment. 

Another one I'm reading is Shades of Gray but I can't remember who it's by.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:06 AM »

Shades of Gray is by Kellie but she doesn't post on AC.

Unless there's another one?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »

I'm going to put in my vote for evergreenwrite r83 as well!  I loved With The Band, it's a really fun read!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »

my vote's for evergreenwrite r83 too! With the band was a fun. cruise control is sweet! part 3 soon yay! lol wow i sounded 3 just then *sighs* :p

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

Evergreen writer, check lol anyone else?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »

I would say Bi Litrell too. her stories are well written and gives you a detailed look on each person's point of view/ plot in the story.   

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »

Squee! I'm loved, I'm really loved! LoL, yes I also sounded quite 3 right about then.  I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the stories :) I'm really enjoying writing them.  ;D  I'll try not to be such a lurker on these message boards too ::whistles innocently::
~ Jen

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »

it's ok to lurk! most of us do it. and don't admitt to it (RASIES HAND)... WELL that was until now..lol it's weird i never used to read this before... now it's the second thing i do when i get on the computer... after facebook of course then i catch up on stories...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 10:07:47 PM »

Good, i'm glad you guys are now posting. We need more writers posting on this board :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »

Yep, it's nice to have both new members and old members coming out of the woodwork!  Everyone gets along okay here, very little drama, unlike some boards, so it's a great place to post!

As for this thread... I'm having a tough time thinking of authors/stories who haven't already been featured.  I think all of my favorite authors and most of my favorite stories on AC have been featured already.  The ones that haven't are either old and their authors aren't around, or they're newer and not very far along and don't get updated often, so they wouldn't be the best choices.  So... go with the people who read more than I do; they know what to recommend!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

that's my problem too Julie. (Well not quite, I just plain haven't read anything in the last year.) I wouldn't have any idea what to recommend either.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

You can recommend older stuff and people who also have been featured as well. I'm running out of ideas and since I haven't been reading fics anymore I have no clue what's out there myself.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »

Okay, I have to say - I went to AC a few minutes ago and noticed another one of evergreenwrite r83's stories in the recent updates, which reminded me I had been meaning to check out "With the Band," since everyone's raving about it here.  I just did, and... WOW!  Just in the first few paragraphs, I totally got why people are raving (and why it has so many reviews already - holy crap!).  From the synopsis, it sounds like just another "Mary Sue gets to tour with the Backstreet Boys and, whaddya know, she falls in love with one of them (most likely Nick)" story, but you start to read it, and the writing is awesome.  It's an excellent example of first person done well; it draws you right in.  The main character is real and relatable and not Mary Sue obnoxious at all.  I can't remember the last time I read the beginning of a new fanfic and thought, "Wow!  I think this is gonna be a really great story!"  I'm excited; I hope it is!  I'm pretty picky about romances, but it just goes to show you, great writing is great writing - an overdone plot can still be a good story when it's written well.

So basically, even though I've only read the first chapter, I will add my vote to featuring this story LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12