Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Suggestions for future featured stories  (Read 45437 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Suggestions for future featured stories
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 06:12:21 PM »

This story will be featured and I hope all of you commenting now will do so when it actually is.

I just need about 11 more recommendation s and we'll be good for awhile lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »

I will if I keep reading it.  I'm on Chapter 3 now!  LOL

Let's see, other recommendation s...

Anything else from Jenna/Carrie would be good with me.  I love all the stories of hers that I've read (and I've read quite a few of them).

I adore "Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician" by ForeverFrick, but I don't think it's far along enough yet to be discussed.  Maybe later on, though, if she continues to update it.

Other than that, I'm at a loss.  Pretty much everything else in my favorites has been discussed already, if not here than on FFF (I know that's going back a ways LOL), or the authors are MIA, which wouldn't make it very fun, or the stories are hanging in limbo.  I guess I just need to start finding new stories to read!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 07:12:30 AM »

I almost didn't start writing With the Band because I felt like it was a storyline everyone had read a million times.  I'm glad I don't always listen to myself, haha.  :)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 01:57:24 PM »

The only one I can recommend atm is, like many others said, evergreenwrite r83. But I don't only recommend With the Band. The sequel called Cruise Control has been recently finished as well and I LOVED it! evergreenwrite r83 uses real life stuff, like things that Nick posted on Twitter for real, she uses in her stories. This makes it seem more real and I love that! (:

Oh and the 3rd book of the Coaster Series (the series of With the Band and Cruise Control) is already there as well, called Voodoo and Vows, but that one has been recently posted, but I have a feeling we won't have to wait that long before that one will be finished as well haha! (: Tbh I haven't had time until now to start reading it, but I know this one will be just as good as the 1st and 2nd book so I already recommend it haha. :D

Oh and I also love the fact she knows what she's writing about e.g. she knows about a pregnancy. Some writers write strange stuff about pregnancies, things that aren't correct. Either she has been doing research really well or she just knows a lot lol. ;D

Oh! And evergreenwrite r83 is also busy writing a spin-off to the Coaster Series. This is a Kevin story! Usually I would skip a Kevin story, because I've tried to read some but they didn't seem to keep my attention. But this one, which is called Nowhere To Go btw, is getting me hooked! And she keeps up with the "timeline". E.g. when something happens in Cruise Control that involved Kevin, you will read it in Nowhere To Go as well but then from Kevin's POV! I love it! ;D

I think she is my favorite author atm, also because she updates every day! I wish I could borrow some of her inspiration and time lol. I suck at updating atm. :(

The Coaster Series are the only stories I'm reading atm. (I have to catch up on a lot on 2 or 3 other stories. *hides*)

Now I will finally go reading Voodoo and Vows before I have to catch up on hell of a lot again haha. :D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:49:10 PM by TheDistantHeart »

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »

Awww thank you guys so much for the really thorough reviews! You have no idea how much they help me :)  I'm a nerd...I hate when I don't research something enough or have enough personal knowledge.  I don't like to stray too far from realism, even though I'm going to have a little fun with that in Voodoo.  :D

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:03 AM »

I'm hooked on the third story too. I come like everyday just to see if it updated. I'm not a kevin follwer either but i have to say this side line story is one of the better ones I have read with kevin in it. keep it up! 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 10:25:10 AM »

Hey guys, I really appreciate the love you are giving Evergreen. I think it's great and can't wait to see all the comments etc... when she is featured next month but oin the meantime, can we keep this thread open for suggestions only? I really need some more suggestions for stories and if we go by only the ones I want to feature they won't be new ones so any ideas are greatly appreciated.

If you want to continue discussing Evergreen's stories, she should maybe consider opening a thread of her own in the author's section. The shamless plugs is where all the authors let people know when they update and comments are made in there. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »

Last Christmas by Rebellious_One
Life After The Unexpected by alota_cookin
Song for the Undead by Rose, RokofAges75
Shades of Gray by Summer
Beautiful Lie by BiLittrell
Fearful Renegade - ScoobieGang
Ray of Hope - kevmylove

I'll have a think of what others I've been reading :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:48:55 PM by Carter-Orange »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »

I will second "Last Christmas" by Reb - I'm reading that one now too, and it's great!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »

I'll definitely third "Last Christmas" by Reb. Awesome awesome story.

And Steph, thank you for suggesting Undead! :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 02:18:59 PM »

I'll definitely third "Last Christmas" by Reb. Awesome awesome story.

And Steph, thank you for suggesting Undead! :)

I thought it had already been a featured story, but then I noticed earlier that it hadn't.  It definately deserves it as it's awesome!!!

Another one I'm enjoying is All That Glitters by Jazz

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

excellent. Ladies i'd like to feature undead at one point but how far along is it? It would probably make more sense to wait until you're nearly done with it so let me know.

Thanks for all those suggestions Steph. :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

excellent. Ladies i'd like to feature undead at one point but how far along is it? It would probably make more sense to wait until you're nearly done with it so let me know.

Thanks for all those suggestions Steph. :)

I wanna say at chapter 59, we're about....halfw ay done? LOL. So if you wanna wait a bit till we're closer to the end that's spiffy. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Krys1984

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 06:49:47 PM »

I wanna say "ray of hope' by kevmylove as well. that story is good and last I seen it's just about finshed (writer's block i think it was) that should be featured eventually too

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »

Excellent. For the first time, I think I am going to make a list of stories ion here and when they will be featured so authors know ahead and can better be prepared. I used to like the element of surprise but it seems since the population has dwindled, this might be a way to get some of them back. So, look for the first post in this thread to be updated as I make up my mind.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12