Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: thoughts and ramblings about your ideas etc...  (Read 21747 times)

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
Re: thoughts and ramblings about your ideas etc...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:19:26 AM »

I have a small idea where, i guess iron man has a small team of kids given to him by shield and the bsb are a part of it but they are younger and mor rebelious i guess. lol. i don't know it's been ahunting my dreams for a while.  :'(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:27 AM »

I lost all of Mel's Tree when I first started writing it. My computer crashed and I couldn't get it back! It ended up being a belssing in disguise for me though since I ended up reworking and totally changing it. I always not only back up my stuff now but send it to everyone else to backup as well lol I should start doing that with fanfic. I only do it with OF.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

yorkielover88

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

I never saved my stuff till the blackout. ok ok so i still havnt... plan to today.

Back to maybe sorta the topic...

My most popular story (far from normal) is my least fav. to write. I know not many here are into slash but just... am I the only one or if not any advice?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 01:53:54 PM »

I have a small idea where, i guess iron man has a small team of kids given to him by shield and the bsb are a part of it but they are younger and mor rebelious i guess. lol. i don't know it's been ahunting my dreams for a while.  :'(

Lol hun. I like this idea.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »

Iron Man story sounds good!

I would love to write a story involving aliens or something sci-fi but so far it's just a few notes in word and some crazy thoughts in my head.  Not sure my imagination can stretch as far as writing it.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 02:37:20 PM »

Iron Man story sounds good!

I would love to write a story involving aliens or something sci-fi but so far it's just a few notes in word and some crazy thoughts in my head.  Not sure my imagination can stretch as far as writing it.

I've thought the same thing... like a War of the Worlds type thing. Haha, Nick would be all like "AWEEEESUMMMM!!"
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 02:45:46 PM »

I have some ideas on word too.It's full of random ideas.One I'm trying to write were they all five are brothers.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

I've thought the same thing... like a War of the Worlds type thing. Haha, Nick would be all like "AWEEEESUMMMM!!"

That's exactly the type of story I was thinking of!!!!

Ruby Maye

• Fledgling
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »

i have a few stories ideas but don't know how to start them, and when i do i can't seem to finish them.  >:( it's a little frustrating.

myconfession

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »

Lately all of my ideas have been sequels to older stories of mine, that years have passed, since they ended. My readers seem to like having the characters updated and finding out what's up with them.

I have this one idea going around in my head, but I can't seem to put it into words, even in outline form or come up with the right lead character in it. I've tried doing several character sketches and can't seem to find anything I like.

So I think I'm blocked in the original aspect of writing, but I seem to be writing pretty steadily on my "I Wanna Be Bad" chapter.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »

Ugh, I gotta post here 'cause I got some frustration built up inside of me and this is the place I can get it out! (At least, I think so)

Hmm, so I got my story Ice Cold Blood posted. I first started to write it in 3rd person but I always forget I find it so much easier to write in 1st person. So, I continued to write in 1st person in Word but I'm like "I can't just switch from 3rd to 1st person." Now, I'm thinking of re-writing the chapters that are in 3rd person. But I also really want to continue writing on this story 'cause I haven't been writing on it for months. I have a tiny bit written in a notebook but after that my ideas stop! I am so frustrated 'cause I wanna make this story look good (as I'm totally unsatisfied with my other story Don't Wanna Lose You Now). I've got some scenes in my head that I can practically play like a movie but when I have to write them down, I have NO idea where to start! (And I end up with my hands in my hair)

Plus, I'm starting to doubt if the subject "vampires" is a popular subject. I have also been thinking about a story somewhere along the paranormal subject. ('Cause I'm really interested in paranormal stuff)
But, I also want to continue Ice Cold Blood but I'm really out of ideas as to speak.
I also started to think of types of stories I find easier to write. And I figured it'd probably be drama, romance and some comedy. But then I get this problem: what drama/romance/comedy story is interesting and good enough for people to read it? I mean, I always got the feeling my stories aren't that good (despite the fact my reviews are good). And I can't think of an original idea. Well, I can't think of ideas concerning those types at all.

Maybe I just should stop worrying about my story and take a break from writing? But on the other side, I WANT to write but I CAN'T. Eurgh, I'm never this frustrated!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »

That's a hard one with the POV change because I know for me it does get confusing when it switches in the middle but maybe if you just put an Author's Note about the change, you won't have to go back and fix it right away. This way you can continue working on it without worrying about taking a break.

As far as popular subjects, if you start thinking that way you won't get anything done. Pretty much the only secret to popular success is have Nick or AJ and a girl hook up etc.. Vampires and the whole sci fi realm has never done as well as the classic romance type stories but you want to write what you feel comfortable writing. It sounds like you are doing what i'm sure we all do from time to time is just the whole overthinking things too much.

I love paranormal stories. That's an awesome idea to work on. But I don't think you should take a break from writing because it sounds like you do want to write!

Good luck!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 01:30:05 PM »

I say that if you're enjoying writing it, then carry on!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »

I agree with Mare about the 1st person thing.  If you think it will be easier to write and be a better fit for the story, switch it... but definitely put an author's note, and eventually, you should edit the beginning to be 1st person too and re-post those chapters.  But like Mare said, you don't need to do it right away as long as you explain the situation.

Vampires ARE a popular subject, thanks to Twilight, but there's also a lot of backlash about vampires now, too.  That's the case with anything that gets so popular.  You will have people who won't want to read a vampire story solely because they're sick of hearing about vampires from Twilight mania and all the vampire shows on TV now.  But vampire stories have always been popular in the Bsb fandom.  Paranormal stuff usually does well, too.

Romance (whether with drama or comedy) definitely seems to be the most popular genre of fanfic, especially on AC, so you find that easy to write, go for it - you will probably get more readers that way than with a vampire or even a paranormal story.  And like Mare said, if you use AJ or Nick in the lead, even better.  AJ romance and Nick romance almost always get more readers than stories about the other guys or non-romances.  But only go that route if that's what you really want to write.

I completely understand your frustration; I do think we all go through this kind of "writer's crisis" from time to time.  My most recent one was back in June, when I kept flitting from story to story and started two new ones.  I hate having a bunch of unfinished projects in the works at the same time, but sometimes you need to just experiment and start new things until you find the story idea that's going to work for you.  You don't have to post everything you start, but don't be afraid to give these different ideas of yours a try.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »

Thanks a bunch, girls! I guess I just needed to hear others opinions. I think I will overread my current story and see if I can get anything out of it or just give it a break. Now, I will think about an idea for a paranormal story or a romance/drama or romance/comedy story.

I love to write about AJ and Nick! In my first BSB fanfic, AJ was in the lead ('cause he's my favorite). In my 2nd (vampire) fanfic, I was planning to focus more on Nick. It's easier to write about the two of them. :) However, I didn't want Ice Cold Blood to be too Twilight. I was planning to make it a mix of Twilight (just bits), The Vampire Diaries (I take notes when I watch it. Like, certain facts about vampires, what weakens them etc.), Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural (major Supernatural [read: Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki] fan).

But I've got a small idea for a paranormal story (with probably Nick in the lead) but I just have to work things out with Ice Cold Blood first. If my mind is at peace with that fanfic, I can think about another one. :)

Oh, and the author's note is a good one! Will definitely do that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4