Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Idea bounce  (Read 4647 times)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Idea bounce
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »

So I'm not looking to start posting just yet - or even really developing much more than I already have, since I've got Time Watcher AND Something Beautiful going pretty well right now - but I was playing with a new concept this morning for a sci-fi thriller that I'm thinking of working on after I've finished these 2 stories (I'll be working on STDFB3 as well - no worries for those that were about to remind me of it lol)... but I was wondering what everyone thought of the idea.

Working Titles: Nirvana or Eye of the Beholder
POV: Various, but mainly Howie and a narrator (it would be my first Howie fic! or really my first non-Nick/Brian fic lol)
Concept: Set in the future (but not too distant, the guys are on tour when it initially begins); a super-race (alien in nature, but humanoid, just technologicall y advanced) arrives. Knowing what mankind is doing to itself, they opt to begin a "new earth" on a planet they have found that is nearly identical, but underdeveloped in comparison to our own planet. They call the project planet "Nirvana" (as in heaven, not the band). To develop the planet, they are collecting "perfect" specimens of mankind to recreate an "pure" race.
Quote: "My breathing was so loud that I was sure they could hear it. And if not my breath, then the pounding of my heart. I could hear them as they came nearer, the reeds moving around them, parting then rustling back into place. I closed my eyes, waiting to be discovered and killed. I tried to think of a happier time, when life wasn't defined by perfections and abnormalities, or when looks and pedigree were not the sole basis for whether a human being had worth. But I couldn't think of such a time; only of a time when killing the so-called worthless had been illegal. I guess mankind had it coming all along..."

Basically, the story would follow Howie's experiences while involved in Project Nirvana, and the other guys' experiences outside of it. There would be a lot more to it, of course, as the story develops and the subplots start rearing up.

What does everyone think of this idea? Has it been done before?
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Re: Idea bounce
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »

Oops; I should've put this in the Behind the Scenes board. gah. Sorry! I wasn't sure where to post it and I just remembered that board. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:34:04 PM »

I'll move it for you!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »

yay! thanks ;D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »

Ooh, that sounds cool, Hannah!  Definitely go for it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »

I love the idea :). I love sci-fi so I really hope you at one point do this.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »

Yup, it sounds good. There hasn't been a new sci fi type story in a while so I bet you will make a lot of people happy with this idea.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green