Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Reviews  (Read 25869 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Reviews
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »

Weird Mare, we were both writing at the same time and said nearly the same thing...
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »

lmao somehow that doesn't surprise me.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »

Yeah, and it would be hard to ban people for abusing the stars when you can't know for sure the motive behind their rating.  If readers were going to get banned just for rating a story one star out of five, there'd be no point for having the star ratings at all.  They could give a story one star because they're jealous or don't like the author, or they could give a story one star because they legitimately think it sucks (and maybe it legitimately does).  

There are stories on AC that, if asked to honestly rate them, I'd give one star.  But I don't review stories that are that bad; as Thumper's mom would say, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."  I remember the stars being there, but I don't remember really even using them; I didn't review much back then because I didn't actually read much on AC back then.  All the stories I followed were on other sites.

I do remember the drama, though, when people were getting flamed and unfairly rated down for no legitimate reason, and we don't need that crap happening again.  We're better off without them.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »

^ exactly on all counts lol it was a hassle and a half!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 06:32:38 PM »

Really? Maybe I will make an account. I thought most people with accounts where writers. hmm...

LOL you already have an account; the writer/reader accounts are the same.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 06:33:21 PM »

Really? Maybe I will make an account. I thought most people with accounts where writers. hmm...

You already have an account.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Bowlerbabe

• Fledgling
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »

Yeah so the bad thing about sharing computers and keeping your account as always logged in (yorkie) is that if dumb people like me dont check we get on and say stuff as someone else and make other people look dumb!

so I, TESSA will now correct myself.... I MIGHT MAKE AN ACCOUNT THEN. I THOUGHT ONLY WRITERS MADE ACCOUNTS!

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 06:45:19 PM »

Ugh, I know! It only takes a minute if even to sign up. The other thing that was happening was people were actually using fake screen names and reviewing their own stuff just to get their review counts up. Who does that? LMAO I mean what purpose does it serve to review your own stuff if you know you are the one that did it? People are weird!

Seriously???

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »

Jealousy!

That is really messed up!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

Yeah so the bad thing about sharing computers and keeping your account as always logged in (yorkie) is that if dumb people like me dont check we get on and say stuff as someone else and make other people look dumb!

so I, TESSA will now correct myself.... I MIGHT MAKE AN ACCOUNT THEN. I THOUGHT ONLY WRITERS MADE ACCOUNTS!

No, because you have to have an account in order to review, make a list of favourites, track stories, etc. That is what most people use their accounts for.

Also, it's kind of odd that you guys would pass a computer back and forth and log in and out each time to reply to each other lol
~Maple Jellybean~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

LMAO at the idea of people reviewing their own stories. That's just sad. Cause I mean seriously, what would the point be?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Bowlerbabe

• Fledgling
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »

knowing us in real life is even more complicated! ha ha!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »

LOL why are you guys taking turns logging out and in?  I'm picturing you pushing each other out of the way to get in front of the computer - "Ooh, I have something to add to that!  Lemme on!  *logs the other one out*  Just post under the same name.  Unless you're worried everyone will think you're both the same person or something...
~Julie

Bowlerbabe

• Fledgling
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 06:50:13 PM »

LMAO at the idea of people reviewing their own stories. That's just sad. Cause I mean seriously, what would the point be?

hmm.... uh.... thinking.... i gots nothing!

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 10:19:44 PM »

I signed up for an account a few times, but somehow it always gets deleted. Do the accounts get deleted if they're inactive for a period of time?
~ Amy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3