Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems with Posting on AC  (Read 42263 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Problems with Posting on AC
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »

Case not quite closed. I had a feeling it would happen to me and indeed it did lol the story updated but I got that error message and it's not showing up on the most recent page.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »

Awwww! I got the update email and for a moment I was totally baffled when I looked on most recent and it wasn't there LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

yup :( lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 03:57:36 AM »

I've never wanted to shank a website as much as I do right now.

How did I manage to fix one account and break another one? lol

Back to work!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »

and i'm also seeing html codes all over the site. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Jen or not but it's weird lol

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »

and i'm also seeing html codes all over the site. I'm not sure if that's what happened to Jen or not but it's weird lol

That's what i keep seeing also. Random html codes. Usually they are up the top by the banner, and then everytime i update it will show loads of codes before either telling me it was successful, or giving me the error.
- Lisa

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 08:55:45 AM »

When you see those can you send them to me? Either a screen shot or just copy them? That's usually the key to what the problem is.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »

When you see those can you send them to me? Either a screen shot or just copy them? That's usually the key to what the problem is.

Of course. I'll be updating soon anyways. Shall i just dm you on here, or add it to this thread?
- Lisa

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

That's what i keep seeing also. Random html codes. Usually they are up the top by the banner, and then everytime i update it will show loads of codes before either telling me it was successful, or giving me the error.

The only HTML codes I've seen were this morning since I was logged out.  They were in the upper right hand corner.  I forgot to take a screen shot.

On a side note, I just updated American Honey and received a fatal SQL error.  The new chapter isn't on the Most Recent page.  Once I get my update for Fallen Angel ready I'll try again and let you know if anything changes.

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2010, 10:21:32 AM »

This was what always comes up for me whenever i go on the AC site. I took this just now when i got the email saying Jen had updated.

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad209/Bilittrell/ac1.jpg
- Lisa

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »

That i sexactly what i see, even when i'm not logged in on the site i can see it.

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »

The only HTML codes I've seen were this morning since I was logged out.  They were in the upper right hand corner.  I forgot to take a screen shot.

On a side note, I just updated American Honey and received a fatal SQL error.  The new chapter isn't on the Most Recent page.  Once I get my update for Fallen Angel ready I'll try again and let you know if anything changes.

See I've been seeing those codes for a while now. I've gotten used to them if I'm being honest lol

Something else i just realised though, not sure if its a fault but whenever i add the text to the box when i update i usually use the setting there to bold or italic the font, well for the past few weeks that's been missing as well. Just a heads up.
- Lisa

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »

That i sexactly what i see, even when i'm not logged in on the site i can see it.

I wasn't logged in at that moment either.
- Lisa

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »

I just posted on IE 8 and I had no errors, and it showed up on the Most Recent page right away. :/

Alright I'm zooming through my chapter.  I'm on IE 8 but I will try as soon as I'm done here and see if maybe it was just a fluke that it didn't work again.  I will report back.

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »

I'd try on IE, but for some reason the moment i open it on my laptop it just closes again. Tried numerous times to redownload it and it still does it.
Then again my laptop is nearing laptop heaven. Might be why lol
- Lisa
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14