Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AUTHORS - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT SITE NEWS  (Read 12929 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: AUTHORS - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT SITE NEWS
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 08:12:55 PM »

Don't forget the other rules as well. Banner sizes, no spamming the most recent page and all of that other fun stuff as well.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »

ok. thanks for the explaination.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

Talking about banner sizes, I don't know where but I loved the tip I read somewhere here if your banner is too big but, for example, resizing it makes the banner lose quality, you can post the banner in your first chapter. It looks pretty cool that way, actually. lol! Ì was desperate when I tried resizing my banner but it lost quality and got all blurry, 'cause a non-BSB fan took the time to make that banner and I would've felt bad if I couldn't use it. I searched on AC like mad and found that tip. *angel choir*
Wanted to thank whoever posted that tip in whatever topic. :)

So, I don't see why people do that. I've seen some huge banners. My own are pretty big imo but those were overwhelming lol!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 07:49:47 PM »

Yeah, I think banners belong on the inside of the story anyway. That way they can be as big as your head and it won't matter. LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2]