Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The Hunger Games series  (Read 5280 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Hunger Games series
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2012, 08:00:45 PM »

I just saw the Hunger Games today and really enjoyed it! I think they did a really god job sticking to the book for the most part. I think they also did a great job casting it. I really saw the characters through the people who were playing them. They did leave a lot of important stuff out like the district 13 stuff and some back story. I'm curious to see how the second movie will play out.

On a side and disturbing note, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter? lmao really?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »

LMAO at Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.  It's based on a book, by the same author that did Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  I'm excited to see both!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:39 PM »

I got the biggest kick out of that preview. I felt like I was in a South Park skit or something. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »

So after saying for a long time that I wasn't going to read these books, I finally caved and read them.  I really enjoyed (as much as one can enjoy the slaughter of dozens of teens) the first novel, and even the second novel... but the third I could have lived without.  It was a really interesting storyline, I'll definitely give the author that!

As for the movie... I think it was pretty clear that here's this novel about a horrible subject matter and the director of the movie's idea was to get a bunch of attractive people, throw them into the modified plot and hope people didn't notice all of the discrepancies between the movie and the book, or the fact that they were trying to show as little of the violence from the book as possible. 

This is one of those movies where it's a good thing I read the book before I went to see it because I think I would have been so confused... but reading the book and knowing what all they'd changed and left out just ticked me off.
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]