Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Felix Awards 2010 VOTING!  (Read 45004 times)

summer

• Captain of Commotion
Re: The Felix Awards 2010 VOTING!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 07:31:11 PM »

I was giving the link to someone and brought up the voting page and it didn't even load the nominees, it just said I had already completed the survey. So is it possible for people to vote multiple times?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »

Apparently you can clear your cookies and vote again.  What a hassle to go through just to cheat.  And like Julilly said, you can't change your IP, so she can see when people are doing that and figure out who they are by comparing their IPs to here.  The votes just get deleted anyway, so not only will it not do anyone any good, but then you get the reputation of being a cheater.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »

I was giving the link to someone and brought up the voting page and it didn't even load the nominees, it just said I had already completed the survey. So is it possible for people to vote multiple times?

Yes, but no. When you vote it creates a cookie in your browser telling it to remember that you voted. The next time you go back it won't let you vote a second time. But, if you delete that cookie your browser will forget that you voted already and will bring up the list again.

It all seems like a great plan except I can see every submission, and it sends me an alert when there's multiple IP addresses, and I can delete the multiples. So it's a lot of work wasted because they'll just get deleted.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 07:35:32 PM »

of which I will gladly add Cheaty cheaterson to anyone's name under their SN :)  lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Howies Girl

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »

Cheaters never prosper. I always tell my dance students that when they try to copy dance steps.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »

and they almost ALWAYS get caught lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

of which I will gladly add Cheaty cheaterson to anyone's name under their SN :)  lol

LMAO please do this!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

You know I will lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 07:45:32 PM »

Cheaters never prosper. I always tell my dance students that when they try to copy dance steps.

This is true.  How would you even feel good about yourself if you voted for yourself multiple times, or if you knew that your readers had?  It ruins the legitimacy of your win.

It's just like people who create alter egos just to leave themselves reviews.  What's the point??  Even if you were that desperate for feedback, how could it possibly give you any satisfaction when you know it's coming from YOU? LOL  Just look in the mirror and tell yourself, "I'm awesome" - much quicker and easier!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »

"I'm good enough, i'm strong enough and gosh darnit, people like me! Well, no they don't which is why I have to like me even more to compensate!" LMAO

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »

This is true.  How would you even feel good about yourself if you voted for yourself multiple times, or if you knew that your readers had?  It ruins the legitimacy of your win.

It's just like people who create alter egos just to leave themselves reviews.  What's the point??  Even if you were that desperate for feedback, how could it possibly give you any satisfaction when you know it's coming from YOU? LOL  Just look in the mirror and tell yourself, "I'm awesome" - much quicker and easier!

My thoughts exactly lol. I mean how do you even validate yourself that way? You know the truth, deep down, even if you pretend otherwise. I can't see why stuffing the box would make anyone feel better. You cheated a win, whoopie doo.

As for the review thing, that's another tangent but SUCH a pet peeve of mine. I mean you know it's not real praise, its just you faking it. Faking it still won't help you make it LOL. It won't help people think you're better, cause all anyone has to do is click and see for themselves. And having a high review count means nothing if you faked the reviews yourself.

Makes no sense to me at all. It's nice to get praise and compliments and all, but if you want it that bad, the best you can do is work on your craft. Cheating doesn't make you better, if anything, it makes you worse.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »

of which I will gladly add Cheaty cheaterson to anyone's name under their SN :)  lol

:D

That's crazy that people are voting multiple times... You might as well just find someone with photoshop and have them create an award for your story in the category of your choice.  It would be the same as cheating for a win: meaningless. 

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »

Now the "I voted" sticker I'm wearing makes double sense.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »

That's crazy that people are voting multiple times... You might as well just find someone with photoshop and have them create an award for your story in the category of your choice.  It would be the same as cheating for a win: meaningless. 

LMAO love it!

And yeah LOL, double voting all the way!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 09:40:53 PM »

IDEA!!! ;) 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8