Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for April 2007 - Under My Skin by Mellz Bellz  (Read 19113 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hello!

Well, Chaos is still MIA and after what he went through who can blame him? So I have picked Under My Skin as this month's story.

I know I said I wanted to discuss only completed works but sadly, there really isn't too much complete on AC lol so I changed my criteria for this. Hopefully this will give you the incentive to finish this story up now!

I'm going to try to pick authors/stories who were mentioned in those initial surveys we made, and who also post regularly on this forum. I think it makes more sense to showcase people who will actually participate in any possible discussions that may ensue.

I randomly landed on Mel's name and I know she said this is the story she is most proud of, so there ya go. :D

Congrats, have fun and discuss!

I'll be back randomly in and out with questions for you Mel!

~ Mare

oops A link would be nice huh? lol

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=6862
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Wow! I'm in complete shock right now! I totally did not expect to be picked as Story of the Month, so I'd like to give a very big thank you for the honor. I've been definitely dragging my feet a little on writing in general, so this is exactly the pick me up that I needed. I'm estimating that I prolly only have maybe ten chapters or so left, so hopefully I can finish it up very soon. I'm VERY excited about the sequel which is going to be just amazing... And yes, I'm babbling lol

Thanks for the honor and I can't wait to hear what others have to say about it!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

*is suddenly filled with excitement that she chose to start reading this already*

hehe, It sort of feels like I cheated and got a head start!  ;)
With any luck I'll actually finish this one. Congrats Mel!!! Hope this get some new readers for ya so that you can be motivated to finish! I'll be back later after I read som more, with my thoughts and stuff. Yay for new featured sotries!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

*is suddenly filled with excitement that she chose to start reading this already*

hehe, It sort of feels like I cheated and got a head start!  ;)

LOL I know right Kelly! You're cutting edge! lol j/k

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww you're very welcome. I hope this gives you the umph to finish it and to gain some new readers.

LOL I hope you're ready to endure my inner Oprah.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

LOL I hope you're ready to endure my inner Oprah.

LOL Yea I think I am. I love Oprah so its all good!

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Congrats!! I'll go read this when I have the time (tomorrow?? lol)..
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Here's your first two questions Mel :)

Tell us how you came up with the inspriation to write this story and how long you have been working on it.

Why do you consider this one your personal favorite?

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Here's your first two questions Mel :)

Tell us how you came up with the inspriation to write this story and how long you have been working on it.

Why do you consider this one your personal favorite?

Ooh good two easy ones to start off with lol *wipes sweat from brow*

The inspiration to write this story came from a fellow author, Laura Mae, who unfortunately no longer writes fan fiction  :( I hadn't written anything since probably about 2003 when I was working on a story called All or Nothing. At that time I used to talk to Laura through my Yahoo group, but then we lost touch. A lil over a year ago I decided to randomly IM her and we began talking again. She told me that she was reworking her fan fiction that she had been working on back in 2003 (Something Beautiful for those of you who remember it) She gave me the link to the story on AC and I was incredibly inspired how she had changed the story to make it current, yet still fill in the original details. After reading SB I realized how much I missed writing and decided if Laura could rework SB, I could do the same thing with AON. I changed the name to Under my Skin and concocted a new plotline that would pararallell all the flashbacks that were events from AON. And volia! It was born in Feb of 2006. I just started Chapter 41 and I hope to finish it by this summer with a little over 50 chapters.

As far as why its my favorite? Well, I've never spent this much time on a story or had a storyline this complex. I've also never been this close to finishing another fic. My writing has improved so much over the course of this story and its definitely been my most sucessful. It's refreshing to see so much enthusiasm over something I've written!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww! good answers. I love it when another person's work helps to inspire someone to write. That's awesome!

Also it's great when you spend so much time on something that it really becomes your baby. I hope you see it through to the end, send this baby off to college! lol

if anyone else can think of questions, especially pertaining to the story feel free to ask.

And Mel if there's anything you want to say as we go along feel free like a funny story about one of the chapters or any bloopers you encountered along the way.

:)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

Hmm... Funny stories or bloopers? I'm sure there are a few I just have to think about that one a bit. I'll get back to you there!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

How about your love affair with dark chocolate? That's a good one. ;)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion

How about your love affair with dark chocolate? That's a good one. ;)

Oh God LMAO How do I explain this one w/out sounding like a total freak? Lol

Well, lets just say that I'm a sucker for dark chocolate and as any of my readers know its been a great inspiration for uhmm certain scenes of the story LOl  :-[

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

:D See, it's a good story. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Oh God LMAO How do I explain this one w/out sounding like a total freak? Lol

Well, lets just say that I'm a sucker for dark chocolate and as any of my readers know its been a great inspiration for uhmm certain scenes of the story LOl  :-[

it's OK -lol I have that same problem with cheesecake.  ;)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4