Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for April 2007 - Under My Skin by Mellz Bellz

<< < (12/12)

mare:
Thanks for filling this out :) I think for now it's just going to stay in the thread but once everyone fills them out (meaning the people who have been author already) i'll post them all up in one thread and sticky it at the top. So this way people can use this as a reference when looking for something to read.

Teri:

--- Quote from: MellzBellz on June 24, 2007, 05:41:37 PM ---10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Another toughie... Typically a lot of my readers also tend to like Teri's Nothings Impossible Series (Accidentally in Love, Somewhere I Belong, Always Something) I guess in some ways they are similair (besides he fact that both our mai characters are named Alyssa LOL) Like we have I guess similair thematic elements and styles. We both try to incoporate some humor into what we write. And of course we beta each others work so that definitely has influence. So yea... If you like Teri's stories, you'll like mine only mine have a lot less sex in them LOL

--- End quote ---

I heart you mel!!!! hehe Yeah urs has less sex (what can I say I like writing sex scenes LOL!!!!) But what's REALLY funny is that it was UMS that got me to start posting on AC. The UMS and NI readers like both our stories because I'd like to think that both plotlines are very well thought out and well executed. (Mel's told me what she has planned and it's going to be really dramatic but really good) I love UMS just because I love the complexity Mel puts to the characters.

At first glance Alyssa seems like she could be a Mary sue, but at a second glance you realize she's just as complex if not moreso than Nick. She's a classically angsty chick and that's what I love about her.

As far as Mel's Nick character, I want to slap him silly alot of times but that's also what makes him a good character, he has depth and a ton of neurosies about relationships.

MellzBellz:
Haha... How much do I owe you for being my official spokesperson Teri lol j/k. Thanks a lot for your kind words, but if you keep it up I may start to get a big ego LOl. I really like how you described Nick... He has "neuroses about relationships" lol I kina like that actually!

Awesome idea Mare. It'll be like a one stop place for anyone who is bored and lookng for a good fiction to read!

Teri:
Hehe go on get a big ego!!! LOL Blah I'm bored have to work in an hour and I wanna write but I'm stuck again lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version