Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for April 2007 - Under My Skin by Mellz Bellz

<< < (2/12) > >>

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: mare on April 03, 2007, 08:15:38 PM ---
LOL I hope you're ready to endure my inner Oprah.

--- End quote ---

LOL Yea I think I am. I love Oprah so its all good!

Nijntje:
Congrats!! I'll go read this when I have the time (tomorrow?? lol)..

mare:
Here's your first two questions Mel :)

Tell us how you came up with the inspriation to write this story and how long you have been working on it.

Why do you consider this one your personal favorite?

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: mare on April 04, 2007, 02:44:55 PM ---Here's your first two questions Mel :)

Tell us how you came up with the inspriation to write this story and how long you have been working on it.

Why do you consider this one your personal favorite?

--- End quote ---

Ooh good two easy ones to start off with lol *wipes sweat from brow*

The inspiration to write this story came from a fellow author, Laura Mae, who unfortunately no longer writes fan fiction  :( I hadn't written anything since probably about 2003 when I was working on a story called All or Nothing. At that time I used to talk to Laura through my Yahoo group, but then we lost touch. A lil over a year ago I decided to randomly IM her and we began talking again. She told me that she was reworking her fan fiction that she had been working on back in 2003 (Something Beautiful for those of you who remember it) She gave me the link to the story on AC and I was incredibly inspired how she had changed the story to make it current, yet still fill in the original details. After reading SB I realized how much I missed writing and decided if Laura could rework SB, I could do the same thing with AON. I changed the name to Under my Skin and concocted a new plotline that would pararallell all the flashbacks that were events from AON. And volia! It was born in Feb of 2006. I just started Chapter 41 and I hope to finish it by this summer with a little over 50 chapters.

As far as why its my favorite? Well, I've never spent this much time on a story or had a storyline this complex. I've also never been this close to finishing another fic. My writing has improved so much over the course of this story and its definitely been my most sucessful. It's refreshing to see so much enthusiasm over something I've written!

mare:
Aww! good answers. I love it when another person's work helps to inspire someone to write. That's awesome!

Also it's great when you spend so much time on something that it really becomes your baby. I hope you see it through to the end, send this baby off to college! lol

if anyone else can think of questions, especially pertaining to the story feel free to ask.

And Mel if there's anything you want to say as we go along feel free like a funny story about one of the chapters or any bloopers you encountered along the way.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version