Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: AC District Court  (Read 38801 times)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
Re: AC District Court
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »

I'm with you Rose. I don't understand what the big deal is.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

myconfession

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 10:38:53 PM »

I don't either.

I read the rules when I first started posting stories, even asked how many is considered spamming. If by some chance I do something that gets me on "vacation," then so be it.

Do the crime. Do the time.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 03:25:47 AM »

I agree, if you can't do the time then don't do the crime!!

I'd have no problem with my name being up here for all to see if I broke the rules.  We should all know the rules, so it's only fair to accept the punishment for breaking them.

I don't think you should take it too seriously J-Lynn, it's only a few days :)  No one is laughing at you or singling you out.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »

If I'd be listed, I'd be pissed at myself, not at the mods! If these rules weren't there or if they were there but the mods couldn't care less to check if they were being followed, it would be a mess! There are rules everywhere and if you break them, you get punished, although I don't even see this list as a punishment. It's just a reminder to follow that rule. I don't see the big deal, really.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »

I think if I was listed there I'd just laugh and be all "oops, lol" Not a big deal, really. I got banned from another forum a lot and their ban log was a lot worse than this one!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »

The rest of you can keep your thoughts to yourself!

Excuse me? Just because of this...I think I WILL state my thoughts!

First of all...are you that much better than the rest of us, that your opinion and little temper tantrum are all that matters, and no one else may speak? Guess what "sweetie"...embarrassme nt is a really damn good way of making sure people get the point. My child threw a fit in the store...and I made sure she got embarrassed... REALLY embarrassed... made sure people all over were staring right at us! Now...my child does not throw fits like that anymore because she learned her lesson and doesn't like to get that kind of attention.

If people (maybe you, or maybe not) are ignoring the mods...what the hell are the mods supposed to do? Let the rule breakers walk all over them? NO! This is a surefire way to make sure that people listen....not some kind of twisted vendetta against you. I doubt our mods are just so incredibly jealous of you, that they have to scheme up some ridiculous plot to embarrass you. I really think it's just finally come to this, because people won't listen. Personally, I don't want to be embarrassed... .so I'll check FOUR times now, to make sure my crap stays within the guidelines of the rules.

The mods are not here to play favorites. It doesn't matter who you are or what you did...if you did it, you're guilty and you'll be called out...simple as that. The mods have had to deal with a lot of crap...people stuffing the Felix ballot box...continuo usly breaking the same rules over and over again...just plain disrespecting their authority which was given to them by the SITE'S OWNER....OBVIO USLY their previous forms of punishment were not working for certain people...so now EVERYONE has to be subject to the new form of punishment.

And although I've never been punished for breaking a rule on the site...Julilly HAS called me out MORE THAN ONCE...for hijacking threads and things like that, here on the board. So yeah...I've been in trouble too. All of us make mistakes. It's not THAT big of a deal.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »

I should clarify that "so I'll check FOUR times now" was because I always triple check everything before I post, to make sure it meets the rules. But now because of this...I'll probably check that extra time. LOL. I hate getting in trouble.

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »

It's not like you can't work on your stories because you've been banned for a couple of days. You can write til your heart is content, you just can't post it.

Personally, I wouldn't get upset because my name was on there. I would deal with my punishment. In my classroom if you misbehave your name goes on the board. You get a tally mark each time you don't follow a rule. Each tally is 1 minute of recess. Some kids learn very fast that they don't want their name on the board and start to follow the rules. It works.

Just follow the rules, it makes life easier.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »

I just find it so funny that only ONE person is bitching and everybody else is agreeing that this is ridiculous to be throwing a fit because you got in trouble. Seriously, you aren't better than any of us...attacking the mods isn't gonna do anything LOL 

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

I locked this topic because really, it's not worth arguing over. It is what it is, and 99% of people seem to not have an issue.

Anyone whose account gets locked will go up in the first post of this thread as a way of letting them know why it's locked and when it will be unlocked.

It's not to embarass anyone, it's not a public flogging, it's a source of information. We're all grown ups and I'd like to believe that we can avoid taking something this miniscule personally.

Everyone on this board is treated the same way. Everyone comes under the same rules and is held accountable in the same way.

Besides, there are way worse mods out there, you guys got lucky. :) Thank you for your time and support.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2011, 03:54:24 PM »

I so would speak my mind right now but it'd probably get me banned for life! Oh and mare hunny, I'd still feel Garrett toward this stupid fucking thread weather I was listed it in or not! Oh yes and Julilly sweetie, I'm not stretching in stating a fact! The rest of you can keep your thoughts to yourself!

Who the hell is Garrett and why would I care if you're feeling him?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »

If you want to be condescending, please check your grammar and properly edit your post to make sense. I take more offense to all the errors in your post than to you trying to insult us. 

Thanks!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

kidnicky69 has had their banner removed due to being too big, on the story Days of Thunder. If it happens again, you will not be allowed to have a banner on this story. There's your warning.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »

Our first offender in a long time!

Nicola929 has started a one week sentence for spamming the site (posting 3 stories on one day) Her sentence will expire next Saturday July 30th!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »

Dani824 had her banner removed for being 300 pixels over the size limit on the story The Crying Heart.

This is your warning. Please make yourself aware of the banner rules or this story will have to go banner free. Thank you!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4