Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FS: Figured You Out  (Read 7049 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: FS: Figured You Out
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »

Great questions everybody, thank you!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 12:02:48 PM »

I've had a busy last few days, so I'm finally getting a chance to chime in on this thread.  I loved FYO, Tracy; it was a fun read because, to me, it had the feel of the old-school suspense fanfics I used to read in the early 2000s.  I miss those kinds of stories; there just aren't enough good suspense stories being written these days, which was why your story was so refreshing.

I agree with those who said that Nick fans always seem the craziest.  It's not totally far-fetched to imagine one of them, the Nayeli type, going a step further and trying something like this to get close to Nick.

All the questions I was going to ask have been asked already, so I can't think of anything right now, but when I do, I'll be back!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 12:15:45 AM »

Thank you Julie! I agree there are not enough good suspense stories. I wanted to try something completely different and I was so surprised how well this one turned out. It really helped me with my writing abilities....a nd I was impressed with how many people felt the same way I did about suspense. It was a lot of fun to write this story.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:36 AM »

Great questions and comments everyone!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »

It's time to start reading the next set of chapters so let's read chapters 8 - 14 this week!

Everyone has asked a lot of the same questions I was going to ask lol but here's one for you.

What made you decide to add the element of comedy to the story? Some of the moments with just AJ and Brian?

And why did you decide to not include Howie when the guys went searching for Nick?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »

I knew Howie would be important a bit later on in the story so I kind of just saved him for then. I thought some comic relief would be good to break up the drama a bit and I enjoy AJ and Brian together, they just seemed like they would look for Nick. AJ is stubborn whereas Brian is the more practical and level headed one.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:38 AM »

Hello!

Time to read chapters 15 - 21 :)

Did you ever intend to kill Nick in this one?

How hard was it to write the torture scenes?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 03:36:59 PM »

At one point I actually was going to have Nick die. It had been planned but I changed it last minute. Torture seemed better for me to write as I never write death scenes. The torture part was not hard to write but the ideas were

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

Uh I was really enjoying this story but I kind of fell off the face of the earth so I need to get back into reading it.  I will finish/catch up!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 01:44:31 AM »

Sounds like a plan :) glad you enjoyed what you did read, this story was my favorite one I have written so far.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 02:35:18 PM »

Howdy! :) Tis me again and you know what that means? Time to read the next set of chapters so let's read chapters 22 - 26 this week..

Also, don't forget if you have any questions or comments about the story to let Tracy know! I know she'd be more than happy to respond.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 05:34:57 AM »

Its been kinda quiet here lately...and since the month is almost over...thank you to everyone who read the story and I hope you enjoyed ity. Thanks for featuring me as well, I am honored!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 05:45:14 AM »

Okay, June is almost over and so is this story :( It's tiime to finish it up with reading chapters 27 - 30.

Tracy, what was your favorite chapter to write?

Did you have a favorite moment in the story?

What about the chapter you found most difficult?

How was it for you to write outside of your familiar genre and would you ever consider writing another suspense?

For the readers

What was your favorite part of the story?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 06:28:59 AM »

I'd say my favourite part of the story was the build up to Nick being captured, and seeing just how far Valerie was going to go.

I can't really think of any other questions to ask you Tracy, but I enjoyed reading :)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »

My favourite part was when Nick came home and discovered what had happened to Lauren. I know that sounds bad, but the build up to that part was really awesome and the scene just felt so creepy and sad. It sort of felt like one of those old school horror movies at that part. I loved it!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 [2] 3