Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: FS: Straight Through My Heart by ResaD  (Read 7657 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS: Straight Through My Heart by ResaD
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »

Wow, it's July already and I almost forgot to post the new featured story.

Alas, here it is. A nice AJ story to start our July off with a BANG! hehehe

So, let's start by reading chapters 1 - 7 and as always if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in this thread and i'm sure Resa will get back to you.

Happy reading! :)

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9800&warning=4
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
Re: FS: Straight Through My Heart by ResaD
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »

Aww mare, you forgot about me? -pouts- thats okay. Im just happy to be here! Feel free to ask away!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

I did, i'm sorry. I was sitting here at around 10 and literally had a panic attack about it! LMAO I FORGOT the FEATURE!!! AHHH!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »

Its funny cause I was looking at it earlier and was like..she must be busy, no worry...hehe.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »

Congrats on being featured, Resa :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »

Thank you! Kinda awesome since its my birthday month too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:32 PM »

Here are some basic questions for you to answer

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you decide on the name for the female lead? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

YAY Resa! :D

This story has a great twist to the whole romantic plot....it's different than what I've read before yet it still has those little tiny cliche moments that add that touch of cheesiness that makes it balance out well...if that makes any sense at all, LOL! It does in my mind!

I'll definitely try to be in here a lot this month since I'm a regular reader of this story.

Questions...
Do your characters take over and write the story themselves sometimes?
What is something that happened that you didn't plan, but the characters just insisted upon happening?
Is there anything you wanted to do in the story, that the characters refused to do?
Is the story turning out to be longer or shorter than you had planned?
What annoys you most about each character, if anything?
Which character gives you the most difficulty?

Ok...that's all I got for now...but I'll think of more!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

;) Congrats Resa!

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 07:34:17 PM »

{quote author=mare link=topic=2729.msg92431#msg92431 date=1309627952]
Here are some basic questions for you to answer

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? That no one knows huh?  That in all truth, the way this story has gone is not the way it supposed to go!  It's awesome and I love it, but when it first got mapped out in my mind, this was not it!

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? I'm still working on it!  It is taking me longer than I thought, but at the same time, new stuff keeps popping up and it's like "oh, that would be good and that would add drama" so it's gonnna take a while to finish!

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.  OH WOW!  I’m not sure I can.  I kinda like it because I think that alone has twists in it.  Sorry guys…I’m clueless as to what else to tell you.

4) What made you decide on the name for the female lead?  Well, in that way, I'm different.  When I write, it's my way of having my own little world, so in all truth it's just me in the story, but in case..the two leads are actually me and my best friend, Kris.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? My favorite would have to be Howie.  He forced himself in there, but he’s become this very demanding presence.  And yet, he’s not quite the same “sweet D”.  He has become this player of sorts, doing things like you wouldn’t picture

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Probably the dang male lead, AJ.  He sure is making things tough by having emotions come up left and right.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? No, they all come out.  They may not have huge rolls, but they do play parts, and some are very, VERY helpful parts!

[/quote][/color][/color][/color]

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »

YAY Resa! :D

This story has a great twist toYAY Resa! 

This story has a great twist to the whole romantic plot....it's different than what I've read before yet it still has those little tiny cliche moments that add that touch of cheesiness that makes it balance out well...if that makes any sense at all, LOL! It does in my mind!

I'll definitely try to be in here a lot this month since I'm a regular reader of this story.

Questions...
Do your characters take over and write the story themselves sometimes? OH my gosh…when don’t they!  I try to make it go in one direction, it sounds horrible and they make it go in another direction.  I have been fighting all FOUR main characters since the start of this story.  I finally said fine, write yourselves!

What is something that happened that you didn't plan, but the characters just insisted upon happening?  HOWIE!  That’s all I can say.  He was NEVER, EVER supposed to have the role he did.  He was supposed to be the shoulder for Resa to cry on and the ear for AJ to listen too.  Now, he’s become part of the twist that’s in this story and I can’t get rid of him.  Maybe that’s why.  He didn’t want me focusing all my love on AJ, lmao!

Is there anything you wanted to do in the story, that the characters refused to do?   You mean  besides make it short?  Honestly, yes.  AJ and Kris were not supposed to have that huge night together.  As was Howie.  Nick seems to be making his voice heard too.  He’s not letting me keep him quiet!
Is the story turning out to be longer or shorter than you had planned?  WWWAAAYYY Longer!  I mean, it was supposed to have depth and details, yes.  But there’s so many things that were never supposed to be in there and they keep doing.  It’s like, I just don’t get a say so.  That’s why they run this story!

What annoys you most about each character, if anything?  This is a long list.  Let’s start with AJ: He’s not open.  He has that whole tell it as it is deal and yet he can’t be honest with those he loves.  He’s stringing along two women and is in endanger of ruining a friendship and yet, he’s not saying anything!
Kris: She’s just a two timer, LMAO!  Just kidding.  She’s not strong enough to go after what her heart wants!
Howie: The fact that he loves his so called best friend (resa) and yet it’s “not his place to say anything” so he would rather her get strung along than step up.
Resa: For being a fool.  She knows something is up, yet she’s still just going along with the flow.  She knows she’s going to get hurt and yet she does nothing about it.

Which character gives you the most difficulty?  Oh that’s a tough question.  And I think that boils down between AJ and D for very different reasons.  AJ has the whole complex.  To Kris, he’s Alex; to Resa, he’s AJ.  And at times, it’s hard not to let the other woman see the true him .  But then again, that’s AJ, NOT ME!  Howie because he’s sorta being an ass in ways that I’m not used to see him.  It’s hard to make him move in on a chick that he knows his best friend loves.

So…just as an FYI..I hope some of those answers really make you want to read.  It’s different, I can admit that!
 the whole romantic plot....it's different than what I've read before yet it still has those little tiny cliche moments that add that touch of cheesiness that makes it balance out well...if that makes any sense at all, LOL! It does in my mind!

Questions...
Do your characters take over and write the story themselves sometimes?
What is something that happened that you didn't plan, but the characters just insisted upon happening?
Is there anything you wanted to do in the story, that the characters refused to do?
Is the story turning out to be longer or shorter than you had planned?
What annoys you most about each character, if anything?
Which character gives you the most difficulty?

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »

Thanks Erica!  Hope you read and like !

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 05:27:43 PM »

Ok...um...firs t of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Resa.

Do you see this story ending like you had planned?
Is there any possibility you may do a sequal for this story?
Which character do you feel your readers are most likely able to relate to? Why?
Have any of the events in the story been pulled from personal experience?
Where were you when you came up with the idea?
How/where do you get inspiration for this story?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 04:52:35 AM »

Congrats Resa, I'm going to make a start reading it.

ResaD

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »

Congrats Resa, I'm going to make a start reading it.

thanks a bunch!  I'm like giddy here!
Pages: [1] 2 3