Fic Talk > Felix Awards

Everything's coming up Felix... 2011

(1/8) > >>

julilly:
I realized that I started this process in May of last year! It seems I'm running a little behind! :P

The first thing I'm wanting to know from everyone is what did you think of last year?

Some people gave me suggestions for categories and those are all under consideration but now that there has been two years of judged awards and a year of reader's choice I'm wondering what you all liked best?

Rose:
It was definitely easier on you guys to have done voting. No slacker judges lol. But part of me really liked getting the score sheet that broke down everything about your story.

I'm of no help at all. :P

julilly:
I think that would qualify as "both" lol

RokofAges75:
I voted Reader's Choice because it seemed a lot easier doing it strictly by voting last year.  I was one of the judges the two years we did it that way and saw not only how time-consuming a process it was, but also how tough it was for you guys to keep reliable judges.  We had a few people bail, which made more work for you, trying to pick up their slack at the last minute.

I think voting, as long as you have a cheat-proof poll like you did last year, is the way to go.  It's quick, it's easy, it's fair, as long as people can only vote once, and it reflects the readers' opinions on what is the best in each category.

Rose:

--- Quote from: julilly on July 19, 2011, 01:06:19 PM ---I think that would qualify as "both" lol

--- End quote ---

It would lol. But since I don't want this being delayed by uberslacking judges, I voted for RC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version