Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

What do you prefer for the Felix Awards?

Judged
Reader's Choice
Both

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Everything's coming up Felix... 2011  (Read 18228 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Everything's coming up Felix... 2011
« on: July 19, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »

I realized that I started this process in May of last year! It seems I'm running a little behind! :P

The first thing I'm wanting to know from everyone is what did you think of last year?

Some people gave me suggestions for categories and those are all under consideration but now that there has been two years of judged awards and a year of reader's choice I'm wondering what you all liked best?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Everything's coming up Felix... 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 01:00:02 PM »

It was definitely easier on you guys to have done voting. No slacker judges lol. But part of me really liked getting the score sheet that broke down everything about your story.

I'm of no help at all. :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »

I think that would qualify as "both" lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »

I voted Reader's Choice because it seemed a lot easier doing it strictly by voting last year.  I was one of the judges the two years we did it that way and saw not only how time-consuming a process it was, but also how tough it was for you guys to keep reliable judges.  We had a few people bail, which made more work for you, trying to pick up their slack at the last minute.

I think voting, as long as you have a cheat-proof poll like you did last year, is the way to go.  It's quick, it's easy, it's fair, as long as people can only vote once, and it reflects the readers' opinions on what is the best in each category.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »

I think that would qualify as "both" lol

It would lol. But since I don't want this being delayed by uberslacking judges, I voted for RC.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »

I did get a thrill out of deleting duplicate votes :P
~Maple Jellybean~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

Hey people in the duel thread! Come vote in this poll for this year's Felix Awards! :) Some of the stories you are challenged to read might be winners in a few months...
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 03:03:01 PM »

And it might be because you loved it and nominated it! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »

Last year was the first time I experienced the Felix Awards and I liked the way the voting was done so I voted for Reader's Choice. :)

Are the Felix Awards by the end of the year? I forgot when FA 2010 was lol. If it is, it's not my number 1 reason to continue my current story but it would gimme some extra motivation. :) Going for another nomination hehe

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 03:22:07 PM »

Usually we start the nominating process in the fall, voting will be in December (this may have to be reworked a bit because of so many extra people going on the cruise) and then the awards show is held in early January.
~Maple Jellybean~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »

I am excited for the awards this time around since last year I was still new to AC and didn't know anything about it. Reader's Choice sounds like a good idea!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

I'm pretty certain that there are more than 6 people who participated in the Felix Awards last year! :P

If you haven't voted in the poll, please do, and share whatever thoughts you have!
~Maple Jellybean~

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »

I don't know how this works. Where is the poll? I wasn't part of the awards last year unfortunately.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »

The poll is at the top of this page, but maybe it doesn't show up on your phone?  The question is, would you rather have the winners decided by judging, voting (reader's choice), or a combination of both?  If you can't vote on the poll, you can probably just post your choice here, if you have a preference, and Julilly can either add it to the poll manually or just take it into consideration with the rest.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »

Or perhaps we should start out more simply by asking how many of you want a Felix Awards? Because voting, judged etc,... it's a lot of work to put together and if people aren't even willing to vote in here what's to say you will for awards time. So if you guys really do want this to happen please vote in the poll or put your two cents in here.

Thanks!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: [1] 2 3