Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: 'Together' & 'Fifteen' Please help..  (Read 3818 times)

Ryann92

• Fledgling
'Together' & 'Fifteen' Please help..
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:42:54 AM »

I've been really battling writer's block lately. I'm hoping someone can help me brainstorm some ideas for one or two of my stories, 'Together' and 'Fifteen' both of which only have one chapter posted. I really need some help from other writers, if they've read my stories or not. Thanks. I'm willing to brainstorm on other stories too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: 'Together' & 'Fifteen' Please help..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »

Maybe if you can be a little more specific people might be able to give you some ideas. Like what exactly are you looking for? What are your stories about etc...
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Ryann92

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »

Together is a Nick/AJ slash fic. It the squeal to my story Degraded, where AJ rescues Nick from an abusive relationship. Brian doesn't react well to them being together. He basically breaks off his friendship with Nick. I know it sounds a bit sappy. I wrote it about two years ago and the chapters are somewhat underdeveloped . Now, that I've grown as a writer, I want to write a more mature part two. Together picks up two years after Degraded ends.

Fifteen is a Hanson fic. Zac is the narrorator. It takes place in 2000 when he is fifteen. The band travels to New York to write music. Taylor is seventeen; people have many prejudgments of him and that really upsets him, so he tends to be more of an observer. Isaac is a little deeper charater. He wants to go out and experance the world and though he loves his family and the music, he's unsure that he wants to be tied down to his younger brothers. It's really a Zac-coming-of-age story.

What I am really looking for is some plot ideas.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:00:15 AM by Ryann92 »

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:31 PM »

I don't know much about Hanson so I'm not sure I can help on that and I don't read slash so I can't be a huge help there either BUT you mentioned in Degraded how Brian broke off his friendship with Nick.  Did they resolve that?   Perhaps Together could follow Nick and AJ as they attempt to mend their relationships with people who may not understand that they are together now? 

You now have New York allowing marriage between people of the same sex so if the story isn't too long ago you might be able to go that route too. 

Sorry if it's not much help.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-