Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FS for August: The Frick and Frack Switch by ForeverFrick  (Read 8405 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for August: The Frick and Frack Switch by ForeverFrick
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »

Just wanted to come in with my final thoughts about This story. I thought it was a cute, warm and funny read. A perfect way to end the summer. You really did a great job blending comedy with some light drama and never once did I feel like it was overly corny or over the top.

Sometimes it was a little confusing to follow but like I said in the chapter feedback, I give you major props because I know I would have had a very hard time keeping everything straight.

My favorite parts were when Brian realized Nick was doing some good with charity and of course at the very beginning when they first changed. LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 10:59:42 PM »

^ I see, because honestly I thought the guys supported him with his decision. and BSB recording without Nick, I just can't picture that out. :)

I love the scene you mentioned too, where Brian and Nick woke up and slowly realizing they were in each other's body. you didn't overdo the comedy part and that's what I really like with this story.

It's funny (and relieving) to see how far they've come concerning their attitudes on solo careers.  It is nice that they've come to an understanding that they can have their solo careers and still be BSB and be supportive.  The animosity towards Nick in that situation was very circumstantial with the feeling that Nick chose the record company over them.  Later I think Brian set the precedence when he started doing his solo stuff because he delayed his CD initially for BSB/Never Gone and then just works things around- he seems to be awesome with time management in general: BSB, solo, family, charity...  Mr. Energizer Bunny. 

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »

It's time to bring this story to a close by reading chapters 16 - 18 by Wednesday..

Did you ever plan on writing a sequel to this?

If you were to do this all over again without using Brian and Nick, which other two BSB's would you switch?

Overall, what are your final thoughts about this story? In relation to some of the other ones you have written, where does it rank?

I have to read these last three chapters and then i'll be back with my final thoughts, but overall I have really enjoyed reading along this month. It's not something I get to do very often so it was awesome to be able to do that.

I did think about either doing a sequel or simply another story that really explored the Brian/Nick dynamic.  It is probably my favorite interaction between any of the Backstreet Boys just because of how close they were in the past and how different they are.  If I had to switch someone else it would be Nick and Kevin.  Maybe that’s cheating to use Nick, but the two of them are often at odds so that would be very interesting to see!  Otherwise I would switch Kevin and AJ and the story would be set somewhere around the time when AJ was going to rehab.  I think their relationship during the time period of the intervention would make for an intriguing storyline. 

This story is very high on my list.  I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite, but it’s probably 3rd or 4th out of the dozen or so BSB fan fiction stories I’ve ever written.  I really think it’s just a happy, make-you-smile kind of story with some dramatic undertones to help the reader actually care about what happens to the characters and keep it from being an “empty” comedy.  So I hope everyone enjoyed it this month and thanks so much for the feedback.  :) 
Pages: 1 2 [3]