Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for September: Love This Pain by Karah (myconfession)  (Read 5441 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for September: Love This Pain by Karah (myconfession)
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »

I know i'm a day early but now that i'm at school again *sigh* I wanted to make sure I started this thread sooner rather than later.

Our featured story this month is Love This Pain.

Let's start by reading the prologue up to chapter 3 by next Wednesday night.

:)

Here's the link: http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10435&warning=5

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to post them and Karah will hopefully answer them when she has the time.

Happy reading!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for September: Love This Pain by Karah (myconfession)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

myconfession

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »

Just wanted to say thank for making me the featured story for this month :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
That I based the story off of a lot of different things that I've seen, experienced, or watched. I can't say a lot right now because it will totally give away the story so I'll tell more later.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? a little over a month

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. Nick Carter is depressed as hell as his 30th birthday rolls around so AJ McLean decides to set him up on a blind date, to try and get him out of his funk. Only AJ didn't know Nick would want to see the girl again.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?
 A few different things, like I talked about it the first question. I've always been fascinated by the career choice of the girl in the story. I watched a documentary before I started writing it and during the time that I was writing it, a television show that helped me with her career choice.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
The girl (don't want to give her name away) because of her struggles to do right and wrong. I based her life off of that of a reason person, who I've known of for years because of NASCAR, who, at the time I was writing this, was on The Bachelor (and ended up winning it).

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Hm, probably Howie.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? They all make appearances, although Nick and AJ are the two main BSB's in the story. Howie plays a huge role at the end.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »

Congrats Karah! Gonna make time to read along.  ;)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:43 AM »

I'm done reading up to Chapter 3; I would have finished this with one sitting but I guess I'll try to read along with everybody. :)

I have no question for now but I am so intrigued with Nathalie.

I love the conversations with AJ and Nick... oops now I have a question Do you find it easy to write those two? Their conversations shows how close they are to each other.

plus we all know Howie is the peacemaker of the group, why did you use Brian to intervene for the fight?
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:55 AM »

I really enjoyed the story and Nick was so well written. It was something different. Refreshing to see a story that isn't all fluff and romance!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »

I really enjoyed this story, it was quite a different kind of romance!

myconfession

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »

I'm done reading up to Chapter 3; I would have finished this with one sitting but I guess I'll try to read along with everybody. :)

I have no question for now but I am so intrigued with Nathalie.

I love the conversations with AJ and Nick... oops now I have a question Do you find it easy to write those two? Their conversations shows how close they are to each other.

plus we all know Howie is the peacemaker of the group, why did you use Brian to intervene for the fight?

I don't know to be honest about how I write AJ and Nick. It's just how I've always written them...  I really don't know how to answer that.

As for Howie being the peacemaker, that comes into play towards the end a little. LOL

Maybe I should have picked one that not many people had read LOL

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 11:14:37 PM »

I'm very impressed that you finished this story in around a month!  lol  Did you have any sort of outline going into it or did the story simply flow?  (Or a mixture of both). 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »

Time to read the next set of chapters! So let's read chapters 4 through 7 by next Wednesday.

I am also impressed with how quickly you finished the story. Do you always write this fast?

What made you decide to set this around Nick's 30th birthday?

Do you generally use an outline when you write? Or have everything mapped out ahead of time or do you plan as you go?

I noticed you used Anne Hatheway in your banner. Do you usually find someone to picture visually as your female lead before you write your story?

myconfession

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »

Sorry I've been MIA, been going through a lot of things lately.

Mare...

I usually get on writing kicks, where I'll write three chapters a day or something like that. Then I get on kicks like I am now where I haven't written anything in over four weeks LOL

I decided on Nick's 30th birthday because I felt, personally, that was a big one, one that kind of made you look at yourself. At least that's what I did on my 30th a few months after Nick lol

Sometimes I have a timeline set out or an outline. For this one though, I didn't. I didn't know the ending until I wrote it.  For some of my other stories, like The story of us, I used a timeline because there was a lot of skipping around in time.

Anne Hathaway, yep, I love her. LOL She's my girl crush. I tend to do that a lot. I have this weird thing that I need someone to picture as I write and I'm weird, I have to have a title for the story before I start writing. I think picking out a female lead kind of helps you with the story and helps the reader picture someone in that part.

Again, sorry I've been MIA.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »

Aww that's okay. I know September is a busy month in general.

It's time to start reading the next set of chapters so let's read chapters 8 - 11 by next Wednesday. I have a meeting in a little bit but i'll be back with more questions later on tonight! :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »

Some more questions, sorry for the delay. September sucks!

What has been your favorite chapter and scene to write in the story?

Does writing sex scenes happen easily for you?

What part of the story were you most eager to see your reader's reactions to?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »

Time for the next set of chapters! Let's do chaps 12 through 16 by Monday! :O)

Anyone who had read the story, chime in with what you enjoyed most about it!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »

I liked this story cause its not your typical romance. Its not all fluff and it had substance which is rare to see currently. I liked that the characters seemed very real and the story flowed nicely.
Pages: [1] 2