Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick  (Read 20739 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:50 PM »

Happy fall everyone!

We are on to our next featured story which belong's to Lore. It's called Chronos Project and here's the link:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10653&warning=4

Let's start by reading chapters 1 - 8 by next Saturday!

If you have any questions or comments, make sure to post them in this thread and I have a feeling Lore will be all over them for you!

Happy reading!! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

twofaced

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:46:31 PM »

I hear you have an amazing beta for CP... Tell me, how did you find her? What qualities does she possess that made you pick her? How can I find a beta as amazing?

lol

Congrats on being featured!!! Gonna go re-read it so I can be reminded what happens before it all wraps up!!!!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »

I am so excited I have a story I really love to share with you all as featured story.  I know this isn't genre isn't everyone's cup of tea and if you give it a try and really don't find you enjoy it, I won't hold it against you.  

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?  

This is the third incarnation of the the story.  The first was only going to be Nick and a female traveler.  Nick's role was the same as it is now but there was no Kevin, and no others planned.  The 2nd incarnation was quite different then what the story actually became. This one was a Kevin story but it was about him being a time traveler, no female planned.   Oh and I wrote most of the first chapter last year, put it aside then opened it this past July and the ideas just flew into my head and I've been going strong ever since.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

Since I first started the story July of '10 I could say a little over a year but I didn't truly start writing the story til this past July so I'd like to say a little over three months.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Time travel what more can you ask for? Elvis? Check. Ancient Rome? Check. Nick eating peaches seductively? Check.  Kevin as a main character? Check.  

Volunteers sent through time to find those who were displaced when an experimental time project exploded soon find themselves needing the help of one of those displaced persons to find one of their own,

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?

I am not positive how I got the idea. I remember talking to Julie (no not my character, rokofages75) one night around the time I started Of Love and Time and mentioning something.  I think I got the idea because I wanted to do a historical fiction and this was one way of achieving that.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

You all probably think I am going to say Kevin and I do love Kevin but my favorite is Nick.  He is complex, I like it.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Probably AJ.  I needed someone for his role and he was free, but there isn't a whole lot I've been able to do with him … he's a “damsel in distress”.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?  

All of the boys are in this. Kevin and Nick have the bigger roles but AJ, Brian and Howie all have important minor roles.  I needed more than just the three characters so I used all of them, even needed more so I used a couple of my reviewers.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:58:34 PM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »

I hear you have an amazing beta for CP... Tell me, how did you find her? What qualities does she possess that made you pick her? How can I find a beta as amazing?

lol

Congrats on being featured!!! Gonna go re-read it so I can be reminded what happens before it all wraps up!!!!

my beta is my stalker, I just can't seem to get rid of her and that's how I found her too, or rather SHE found ME.  I picked her because she was available.  I really wanted to share the story with someone and I wanted someone to point out possible plot holes/confusion points to me so I knew if I was confusing the reader correctly and making them wonder the right things.   You already have an amazing beta I heard, so search no further.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »

You know I love this story Lore.  I'll try and think of some questions for you :)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 12:07:32 PM »

I'd ask you questions on Monday. be prepared for a question involving Nick and some peaches... lol
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

oh dear, I should've known I was going to be asked about that! LOL
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 02:02:55 PM »

Did you do a lot of research for the story?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »

Yes, actually. For all of the historical parts I researched.  For the 60's I actually researched the name of the woman in charge of costumes, Edith was really the costume designer.  I even went so far as to look up what a term of a good looking guy was...  For Rome I researched what clothing looked like, what it was called, the slave market and even some Latin phrases.  I researched some of Valley Forge as well for the scenes that are getting ready to take place.  It was Karin that told me about the germ warfare, I double checked of course, but she gave me that great history tidbit. 

I enjoyed the research and it has sort of made me want to do a complete historical fic.  :)   I hope you all enjoy the historical parts of it story.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:52 PM »

I love the historical parts and all the detail you put into it :)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »

I actually like researching the historical aspects.  I'm a nerd like that though.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 03:02:32 AM »

Me too!

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

Congrats Lore!! *throws confetti*

I just love this story...but you knew that already. I probably asked you this before during one of our chats, but why not ask again.

Is this story outlined? Do you just go with the flow? (I'll come up more questions a bit later...)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »

The basic story is plotted out. I knew what I wanted to have happen and about when... chapter 12 was NOT outlined, that was a go with the flow moment.  I notice that I outlined a lot more the close to the end I got so that I made sure I included everything that needed to be there.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7