Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick  (Read 20731 times)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
Re: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 02:31:52 AM »

I'm here now and excited to ask you about :

1. Where did you get the idea of combining the sexyness of Nick and the peaces?  :D
2. I've told you this before that the first six chapters was confusing for me, did you get confuse sometimes as well when you were writing this?
3. Do you also have stubborn characters? Like you know what you were going to write for this chapter and then your character suddenly decides he/she wanted otherwise?
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »

1.  I wrote the peach scene the week before I went on my camping trip for the peach festival so I admit peaches were on my mind.  I did not plan it, but when I had him grab a peach from the fridge while Julie was on the phone, well the rest kind of just happened.  I almost deleted the peach scene because I wasn't sure it really fit, you can thank my beta Karin (twofaced) for the peach scene remaining.

2.  Oh hell yes this story confuses me at times too!  I have never had to go back and re-read my story to make sure stuff lined up as much as I have with this one. This is the first time I've had a beta too, to make sure I am not really missing plot holes and such. In fact, as I sit here replying to you I am thinking there is a part in Chapter 29 that I need to adjust to fit with something I wrote in chapter 25.  I've tried very hard not to be too confusing but you can see how I am sort of keeping the reader confused because the main character, Julie is. 

3. Stubborn characters: YES!   The peach scene came around because of Nick being stubborn.  Like I mentioned, I wasn't going into that chapter with that in mind, it just came out and I blame Nick!  Kevin is also pretty stubborn but I knew going in with him as a main character that he was likely to change chapters on me (he's done it in the past with other stories of mine).  The basics of my story have been the same throughout, but how they've reached the point they are at have changed due to characters.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »

^I have to thank Nick then for the peach scene! because that's equally awesome like Mr. Twinkie!  :drools:

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:48 PM »

well Nick also wanted to make the peach scene longer, he was supposed to go further but I cut it off! LOL ... sorry ladies
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »

You have mentioned before that you listen to a specific playlist while writing for this story to inspire. Do you mind sharing those 15 songs? Am I wrong to assume that they were all from the first album until the Never Gone album since Kevin is your main character here.  ;D

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »

well they are not all BSB songs actually. LOL.

The first song to really inspire me to write this story was, drum roll please, Nick's Falling Down!   Yes a Nick song! LOL.
The next songs to make it on my list was Bless The Broken Road by Rascall Flatts and Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, followed by Honey Bee by Blake Shelton. 

Soon Great Divide and Arms by Christina Perri joined those.

Moves Like Jagger -Maroon 5
Misery - Maroon 5
Beautiful Lie
On My Own - from Les Mis
Burning Up
More - Usher
and Love you Like a Love Song *hides* -Selena Gomez
all made it on the list before finally both I Still and Show Me the Meaning made it on, at last some songs with Kevin! LOL.

I need to find another song or two from my IPod or in general to add that will maybe spur the last few chapters along.

This is the first story since More Than That that had it's own specific song list that I listened to.  All my other stories I have a general fanfic writing list...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »

that is the most random playlist i've ever seen lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 03:58:26 PM »

Mare I am going to have to go through my more rock/metal songs to find something for the end of the story.  Gotta have something to fit the final few chapters.

I always love to use Planet Hell - Nightwish when writing baddies so that might get added.

Some of those songs are on there to give me something else to listen to or it would be maybe 8 or 9 songs. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »

Is it weird that I don't listen to anything when writing?  Only one song ever inspired me to write a story and that was Resistance by Muse.

Does listening to music help you to write?

If this were being made into a movie, who would you pick to play the characters?  It can't be any of the boys though!

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »

Is it weird that I don't listen to anything when writing?  Only one song ever inspired me to write a story and that was Resistance by Muse.

Does listening to music help you to write?

If this were being made into a movie, who would you pick to play the characters?  It can't be any of the boys though!

Please Pick Mark Wahlberg for Brian! lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »

listening to music usually helps me write in general, helps me to evoke the moods or feelings I want to use when writing.

Usually it's just a list of songs that I like to listen to, but some of the songs on my list just spurred me to write CP so I started it's own list.  :)

I will have to get back to you about the movie, I gotta think of people to cast. LOL.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:04 AM »

I might have to give the playlist thing a go sometime!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 10:02:51 PM »

I have maybe 2 characters cast... lol I will keep thinking about the rest. I may have to wait until the story is complete to cast it so I don't mess myself up thinking about other people in the roles.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »

If you could time travel to any of the eras mentioned, which one would you visit?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »

If I have to choose one that is in the story I'd have to go with 1960's.  She was on a movie set with Elvis! LOL.  I would still want to be able to come back though.  

I love ancient rome, but I love reading about it. I wouldn't want to actually go there.  Oh and I love Chinese history too... again, I'll stick to reading about it though :)

- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7