Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick  (Read 20733 times)

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: FS for October: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstick
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 01:25:41 AM »

HI I'm here...sorry I haven't been able to think of my question I was going to ask. UGH! I suck!

How did you pick the eras they were in?

Is there a certain reason why you made the age difference in their real time? (Sorry just making up questions)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 07:08:02 AM »

Howdy!

Time to start reading the second set of chapters so lets read chaps 9 - 18 by next Saturday :) Don't forget f you have any questions or comments as you aare reading, feel free to post them in here.

Happy reading!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »

I know you tend to write fantasy, what in your opinion makes that so appealing?

What so far have you found the most challenging about this story?

Which storyline are you finding the most fun to write?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »

HI I'm here...sorry I haven't been able to think of my question I was going to ask. UGH! I suck!

How did you pick the eras they were in?

Is there a certain reason why you made the age difference in their real time? (Sorry just making up questions)

The 1960's just sort of fell into place when I had Julie jump to a beach.  I don't know why but my first thought was Blue Hawaii and well I went from there looking into the movie stuff.

Ancient Rome - it's one of my favorite time periods and I felt it would make a good place for them to be with the whole slave thing being prominent then.  Plus, Purpura is latin *eye roll* okay that was cheesy and not a real reason.

Not sure if there is a reason behind the rest, I picked random times and places and looked up what was happening then.

What do you mean by the second one. LOL.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

I know you tend to write fantasy, what in your opinion makes that so appealing?

What so far have you found the most challenging about this story?

Which storyline are you finding the most fun to write?

I like fantasy, sci-fi probably because I grew up watching and reading it so my mind gravitates towards those kinds of storylines.  I am not great at writing fanfic that doesn't have something unusual about it.  Rather than give my characters a disease I throw them through time, for some reason I am more comfortable giving them unusual obsticles to overcome.  Plus I like to make things up... and in fantasy/sci fi it's easier, at least for me.

The most challenging is because it's time travel.  Keeping all the little details that need to come up again.  Things like AJ's first meeting with Julie is AFTER Julie's first meeting with AJ.  Keeping that information straight...  there are still a few details hanging out there that I hope can get wrapped up in the last few chapters. 

The entire storyline is fun to write.  I enjoy writing about the different jumps and throwing in the history.  They are never really in one particular time long enough for it to really be a storyline of its own.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 11:26:58 PM »

I guess I'm just bummed cause she's like what in her 20's and he's a snot nose teen! Why couldn't he be almost her age or something?!??!! Does that make more sense? I don't make sense sometimes...yo u know that.  :shrug:

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »

OH I get the question.  He has to grow up?  if he was closer to her age in 2012 then he'd be WAY older in 2030 ... and she meets the 2030 one ..

LOL... does that answer it?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »

Yes, that he'd be sucking through a straw!!! lol. Just kidding. So do we get an update. /color]

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 11:34:09 PM »

eventually... lol
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »

I like fantasy, sci-fi probably because I grew up watching and reading it so my mind gravitates towards those kinds of storylines.  I am not great at writing fanfic that doesn't have something unusual about it.  Rather than give my characters a disease I throw them through time, for some reason I am more comfortable giving them unusual obsticles to overcome.  Plus I like to make things up... and in fantasy/sci fi it's easier, at least for me.

The most challenging is because it's time travel.  Keeping all the little details that need to come up again.  Things like AJ's first meeting with Julie is AFTER Julie's first meeting with AJ.  Keeping that information straight...  there are still a few details hanging out there that I hope can get wrapped up in the last few chapters. 

The entire storyline is fun to write.  I enjoy writing about the different jumps and throwing in the history.  They are never really in one particular time long enough for it to really be a storyline of its own.

:-\
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »

^ I didn't mean to offend anyone that writes those.  Props to those who can, I just can't.

Though I've given people amnesia frequently, guess that's a disease! LOL. And there was Fanthrax... but that wasn't a real disease.  Disease was the first thing I thought of... there are plenty of "real life" topics I have a hard time writing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:57:34 AM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:23 PM »

Just because you can't though, it's not right to imply other plots aren't unique.

For "sickness" stories, it depends on the disease, the way it's handled by the characters, etc. Like Cancer stories are common, but the way Julie does it in CC is pretty different. Or to toss in my own story, Alzheimer's is a subject rarely tackled. So generalizing isn't fair.

I mean, like in sci-fi/fantasy plots, time-travel actually tends to be overused. Whether in TV, movies, or books. So really, it's all about perspective, and it's just not right to generalize like that.

Just my view since I've written in both genres comfortably.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

twofaced

• Fledgling
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »

Do we need to be attacking anyone right now? This isn't a "My genre is better than your genre because...." thread, this is our chance to ask Lore why she's writing what she's writing. This isn't to try to compare her to other stories and say why other stories are better or that her timetravel is overused. I for one am enjoying her story a lot more than most I've attempted to read on this site and I'm damn proud of her for being featured after 4 years of writing in this community.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

Unusual to me means not real and since time travel and alternate dimesions are not real they are unusual.  I never mentioned the word unique because yes, time travel is not unquie to sci-fi.  That is what was meant by my comment not that I think my stuff is better because it doesn't deal with sickness.  

If you want to further discuss how you misunderstood my comment take it up with me in PM and not on my featured story thread since this is not the debate thread.  Thank you.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »

Well considering I've written in both genres, it wouldn't be a "my genre is better than my genre" lol. I have no real set genre, so to speak.  I wasn't putting down her story at all. I was making a point about how assumptions shouldn't be made about different genres, because  "unusual" is heavily based on perspective.

No attacks were made at all, and if it came off that way, I'm sorry you think so. :)

I never said anyone thought their stuff was better Lore. And if I did, please point it out to me, because I didn't mean it that way. However, I don't appreciate being double-teamed over a harmless discussion. Honestly, if you thought I was attacking, it makes me wonder a bit. Because no attacks were intentional, therefore, I see no reasons for PMs. Why not discuss out in the open?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7