Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Felix Awards Season 4 - Nominations!  (Read 38350 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Felix Awards Season 4 - Nominations!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 06:47:32 AM »

Right! Those categories are gone. Instead we are cleberating the authors of each given genre.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »

and that is definitely better! Done with the nominations... . :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »

Can I make a request that you guys BCC me when you send in your noms to Felix. It makes my job SO much easier since this computer takes forever for me to do anything. You could BCC Julilly too but i'm keeping track of the noms so that would be great! Thanks! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »

I've sent mine in :)  Just hope I did it right.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »

^ You did and I got them! Thanks! Keep them coming guys! So far we are getting a nice varied list of noms!

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »

I'm so excited for the awards this year!
- Lisa

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »

Guys just one more thing...please make sure the categories you are nominating these stories for are actually categories they belong to. If the story isn't listed as an AU then don't nominate it as an AU. We just end up throwing away those noms. Same with authors if you list an author as your favorite romance writer but not a single story is liosted as a romance, then they'll be thrown out.

Also, don't forget to include links in your noms and who the story was written by. Most i've been able to figure out but some I have no clue!

Thanks! :)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »

so even if they really qualify to the genre we're nominating the story for? but the author didn't just tagged it, like the story I like to nominte for drama, but her story was tagged as romance. so I nominated it for the romance category even if I think it fit more in the drama.
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »

We could go story by story but that would take forever. It would depend on if I read it or Julilly read it. So it's easiest to take the author's word for it. If they think it's drama then it's drama etc... some of them if I do know it's a drama or romance then yes i'll keep it in there but others when i'm not sure I refer to the genre list. So again, if you aren't sure just go by what the authors have posted as the genre of choice. That's the best way to ensure that the nomination will not be thrown out.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01:17 AM »

To clarify again, when it comes to a genre like romance, I generally think drama as well so chances are that nom wasn't thrown away. The ones I tend to check are AU, and the suspense, action adventure, sci-fi surpernatural categories. Mostly that AU one because out of all the catrgories that's the one most misused.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »

And original fiction. There's been OF stories listed as 'AU' or 'drama' but they are original fiction and this year there is no category for OF since we've never been able to get enough nominees to fill it.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »

Couldn't original fiction still be nominated under the genre categories - drama, romance, etc.?  Obviously not AU, since that's a fanfic term, but I don't see why it should be disqualified from non-fanfic-specific categories if someone wants to nominate an original fic.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 08:05:03 PM »

We decided against it this year opting to keep it purely a fanfiction awards.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »

Alrighty, for the first time EVER, my nominations are sent! ;D I can only hope I did it right!  ??? :P
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 11:06:12 PM »

done... I think this is the first time I had enough stories read to actually nominate
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7