Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for November: Design Divas by tiggerc128  (Read 5118 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for November: Design Divas by tiggerc128
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »

Hello and welcome to our November featured story, "Design Divas"

This is a long one so we'll get things started by reading chapters 1 - 40 by next Tuesday.

Feel free to ask questions and comment as you read along and i'm sure Dottie will be more than happy to answer your questions :)

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10449

Happy reading!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for November: Design Divas by tiggerc128
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »

Congrats Dottie!  ;)

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
     It was originally going to be about AJ and Brian, then I changed my mind and made Nick Elaine's love interest.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
     It took a little over 5 months to write.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.
     Hmmm, new summary?  That's tough. Want me to post it here or change the summary on the link?

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 
     Actually, another story I was writing at the time kind of inspired this one. My best friend and I are kind of like Elaine and Eva so making them twins seemed like a good idea. 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?
     Favorite character for me was AJ. I wanted to write him to be real, flaws and all.  I loved his attitude about making amends with Elaine about their past and how when she was hurt, he tried to protect her. I really liked making him that good friend that Elaine needed.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
     Least favorite was Donovan. He was such a sleaze ball. I did pattern him after someone I knew, but not because I was attacked or almost raped. Just because the guy was a class A jerk.  I added the assault for the drama. 

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
     I think the only one not in it was Kevin.  Howie is in it a little, but I tried to make this not about them singing and touring, but about falling in love. I'd like to get brave enough to write a story where they have nothing to do with the music business.  We'll see how that goes. 

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »

Thank you so much!! I'm excited and thrilled I was chosen. Design Divas is one of my favorite stories I've written. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did writing it. Thanks again!

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:32:28 AM »

Congrats Dottie!

I don't have any question about the story yet as I am still on Chapter 4. But I want to ask you what makes this story special? Why you chose this to be featured and not your other stories?

And do you find it easier to write in present tense than past tense?
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »

Congrats Dottie!

THANK YOU so much!! I'm thrilled I was chosen.

I don't have any question about the story yet as I am still on Chapter 4. But I want to ask you what makes this story special? Why you chose this to be featured and not your other stories?

This story is special because it was like a collaboration. I wrote the entire story, but every step of the way, my very best friend helped me and encouraged me. We talked over storylines and what direction to take. She helped me develop the characters and we just had a blast doing it. She was going through a particularly difficult time and she says I helped pull her through it with that story. So, it's special to me.

And do you find it easier to write in present tense than past tense?

Yeah, I do find writing in present tense easier. I also prefer writing first person, which isn't always easy but I think it gives more insight to what the character is feeling. 

I really hope you enjoy reading it.  And thank you for your questions. 

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »

Congrats! This is one of my favorite stories. I remember when you were posting it, I would check everyday for updates.

I think it would be cool for you to write a story about them not being in the music business. You would be awesome at writing a story like that.

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »

Thank you so much!  I have had ideas.  We'll see what I come up with. :) 

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »

So I saw on the story and then on here how quickly you were able to write this story (wow! 5 months?).  What is your writing process like?  Do you ever get writer's block?  If so, how do you move past it? 

Sounds like the support of your friend really helped.  I'm reading the first chapter at the moment, looks interesting! 

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

I do get writer's block. When that happens, I leave it alone for a night or re-read what I've written, trying to inspire myself. (watching BSB on youtube helps with the inspiration part of it.)  I usually write early in the mornings or late at night. If for some reason I'm not around my computer, I write in a composition book and just keep going. That's how I did Design Divas. I had most of the story written in a composition book and typed up 2-3 chapters a night. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. A lot of love went into it. 

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »

I did write a new summary and post it on the story. I'll post it here to for you all to read. I hope you enjoy the story.

Elaine and Eva James are twins. Elaine is more reserved and refined while Eva is more outgoing and gregarious.

Elaine believes in love at first sight which is painfully obvious the first time she laid eyes on Nick Carter. When Nick saw her, he knew he found someone special. He just never felt love like this before and when he almost loses Elaine, he realizes she came into his life for a reason. It’s time for him to grow up.

Eva doesn’t believe in love at all. Her past won’t allow her to believe. Until she meets Brian Littrell. Brian is everything in a man she never had and she’s puzzled by the fact that she’s falling so hard for someone that is so completely different from her. But will her troubled past keep them apart? Or will it draw them closer together?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 05:49:42 AM »

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I hope you are enjoying Design Divas. It's time to start reading the next set of chapters. So let's read chaps 41 - 80 by next Tuesday.

:)

Dottie, what made you decide to write a story about twins?

Which of the twins do you think you are most similar to?

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »

That's an easy question...I chose twins because of my best friend and I. She's the one who inspired me to continue writing and helped me define the path of Designing Divas. I'm more like Elaine, she's more like Eva, but only in the sense that I am a bit more reserved and she's very outgoing and spontaneous. She'd cliff dive in a heartbeat and there's no way I'd do it. We balance each other in ways no one would imagine. Our relationship is more like that of sisters than best friends. I think that's why the story worked so well.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 04:17:55 PM »

Hey there! I'm sorry i'm a day late. My sister's wedding was this weekend and i'm just now starting to get back into the swing of things.

Hope you are all enjoying this month's story. It's time to read the next set of chapters so let's read chapters 81 - 120 by next Tuesday!

I'll be back with some questions later on! :)

Happy reading!
Pages: [1] 2