Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FS for December: Joyful Heart by Sapphire  (Read 7057 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for December: Joyful Heart by Sapphire
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:32:44 PM »

Happy December everyone! (A tiny bit early)

Our featured story this month is Joyful Heart by Sapphire. We'll start out by reading chapters 1 - 20 by next Thursday. If you have any questions or comments, post them in here and i'm sure Krystle will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Here's the link to the story

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10303&warning=5

Happy reading!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
Re: FS for December: Joyful Heart by Sapphire
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »

HI! I'm so excited to be featured this month. I hope you all enjoy Joyful Heart. I'm looking forward to answering your questions.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:27:30 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 05:59:18 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

Oh damn mare! That’s really a tough one and I’m not really sure how to answer it. Can I get back to you?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

I think about a year but I can't remember exactly. When you look at the posting dates it only says 9/10 -1/11 but that was because I accidentally deleted the whole thing one night. After a minor meltdown and a few choice curse words, I reposted I believe 51 chapters or so.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Two people meet under terrible circumstances. In an instant they become enemies. When tragedy strikes one of them, shattering their world, their enemy is the only one who can help put the pieces back together.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one?  

As a fan of Mariska Hargitay, I am a supporter to her work and her foundation Joyful Heart. I’m a big supporter of anything that helps women in need. I started getting these ideas about a story where AJ and Krystle, always my two main characters, absolutely hate each other but something brings them together. Then I started thinking, what if I combine those two?

So the “thing” that would bring them together would be Krystle being hurt in a horrible way and AJ being … well her knight in shining armor. He would be the one to pull her back from the pain and guide her towards healing.

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

The obvious choice for me would be AJ and/or Krystle. But I think I’d have to say Nick. I really liked the brother/sister relationship he and Krystle developed. He was always willing to be there for her and to take care of her like family.

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

I think the only choice would be Jake and Maggie for what they did to Krystle, and to an extent AJ as well.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Yes they are but only briefly. I focused mainly on AJ and Nick. AJ because he is my main character and Nick because his relationship is what brought him to meet Krystle in the first place.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:03 PM »

Aw! I'm glad I saw this! Congrats Krys! You know that I likd this one...it was so sweet!

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:14 PM »

Aw! I'm glad I saw this! Congrats Krys! You know that I likd this one...it was so sweet!

Thanks! And thanks for your help when I needed it. If you have any questions or comments, fire away.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »

Hello!

Goodness, it's already the second week of December! Time to start reading the next set of chapters. So let's read chapters 21 - 40 by next Wednesday.

:) Don't forget to post your comments or questions to Krystle and i'll be back later with some questions of my own.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

Awesome. Can't wait.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »

What made you center your story around AJ?

I notice most of your stories are AJ centered, What makes him so much fun for you to write?

Does your female lead resemble you or anyone you know?

What was the hardest thing to write about in your story?

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 06:02:23 AM »

What made you center your story around AJ?
Well since he is my favoorite of the BSB, I write about him.

I notice most of your stories are AJ centered, What makes him so much fun for you to write?
As I said above he is my favorite so I like to write about him. I also tend to bring Nick in more than the others. They make guest apperances but Nick is the supporting role. I often wonder if I write AJ as he really is, probably not because he speaks the way I speak. And I write him how he is in my head.

Does your female lead resemble you or anyone you know?
My lead female is base on me. The struggles with her weight that seems to be a reaccuring theme, her insecurities and sensitivity. Those are all based on me. I also use it as an oppurtunity to explore different things. In each story she has a different career and those are careers that I've often thought about. I almost went to college to be a teacher so that one comes up a lot more than others.

What was the hardest thing to write about in your story?
The trial for sure. I researched the laws for sexual assault and how long the person would get for a prison sentance. I based in on CT laws though, because that's where I'm from. Also the letter towards the end that Krystle writes.

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:01:29 PM »

I hope you guys are enjoying Joyful Heart. Feel free to ask any questions. I'm here to answer them.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »

I know i'm a day early but I forgot that I most likely won't even be online at all tomorrow so I wanted to make sure that everyone gets reading the next set of chapters. It's time to read chapters 41 - 60 by next Wednesday.

Don't forget to ask Krsytle any questions you wouold like regarding this or any of her other stories.

Here are some more questions for you.

Which do you prefer, writing AU or non AU? Which do you find easier to do?

Do you have a favorite chapter in this story and if so which one and why?

Did you write a sqeuel to this and if you haven't do you plan on writing one?

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »

Which do you prefer, writing AU or non AU? Which do you find easier to do?
Well since I’ve only written one AU, I’d say I like non AU better. What I do like about AU is that you can make anything happen. The Backstreet Boys don’t have to be the Backstreet Boys. They can have any occupation they want, or I want, and I think there is more leniency in AU. In non AU, I think people feel like they have to make everything accurate to real life. But for me the fun of writing fiction, is making it anything you want. Sure, certain things have to be the way they are in the real world, so that it makes sense. But for the most part I like to write what I feel like writing. Maybe one day I’ll attempt another AU.

Do you have a favorite chapter in this story and if so which one and why?
That’s a tough one but I think I would have to say chapter 77. Because we haven’t gotten there yet, I won’t say what happens.

Did you write a sequel to this and if you haven't do you plan on writing one?

I am currently working on the sequel actually. It’s called Me Without You. I hope those of you who have read Joyful Heart will check out the sequel and see what happens with AJ and Krystle.

tiggerc128

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

I know it's half way through December but I have to say this is one of my FAVORITE stories. I've read it twice. :)

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »

I know it's half way through December but I have to say this is one of my FAVORITE stories. I've read it twice. :)

Aw thanks honey. That's very sweet of you to say.  :)
Pages: [1] 2