Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange  (Read 13166 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:53 PM »

Yay Steph! I love this story.  I also like that Nick took charge in this story and became a strong leader.  What made you choose to have Nick take over and not one of the others? 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 01:52:57 AM »

LMAO Mare, I love the idea of a Howie Saves The Day challenge! Especially since I always make him the villain lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »

Yay Steph! I love this story.  I also like that Nick took charge in this story and became a strong leader.  What made you choose to have Nick take over and not one of the others? 

Thanks Lore :)

I chose Nick to be the leader because usually he isn't.  Usually we see him as the youngest, weakest, messed up member and after the way he's turned his life around over the past couple of years, I thought it would be good to have him lead instead of be led.  It was either Nick or Howie and I'm glad I decided on Nick.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:48 PM »

I love that you decided to have it be Nick. It really fits the Nick of today rather than the Nick before he got himself together. Like Mare said, it also compensates for the lack of Kevin (which is understandable since it's NKOTBSB era) in a subtle way.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »

Happy Monday!

Time to start reading the next set of chapters, so let's read chapters 6 - 10 by next Monday.

I'll be back with some questions a little later.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

I'm always curious, did you plan out most of the events before you started the story, or did you just kind of go with the flow and write it more spontaneously?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »

It was a bit of both really Julie.  I always knew that all of the NK's were going to be killed off, and I knew from the start that I wanted the bot fly part and some of the other stuff.  Some of it I just typed as it came into my head and some things I planned.  I always tend to write that way.  I wish I could be more organised and outline it all, but I generally just have a rough idea of what will happen.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:07 AM »

The bot fly scene is the most epic scene in the entire thing. I practically cheered as I read that LMAO. Yeah...I'm weird :P

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »

I loved that part too, even though it was really gross, lol.  I got the idea for it after watching something on TV about a man who walked the length of the Amazon.  He had to have a bot fly removed from his head and it looked so disgusting, I thought it would be good to have a total infestation of them in someone's head :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

I agree with Rose!  It takes a lot to gross me out anyway, but it takes true talent to make me cringe and squirm with words alone.  The part was awesomely disgusting!!  Loved it!! ;D
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »

Yes, that was pretty gross! but I get grossed out easily. 

Was there any point that you considered letting Howie die?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »

^that's a good question, Mare. :) I want to know that. too.

Hi Steph! congrats on being featured. You know I love this story though action/adventure isn't usually my thing. But somehow you managed to hooked me into this awesome story.

My question is was the crashing of the helicopter really an accident? or did you somehow think at first that it could have been a plan of someone holding a grudge to NK or BSB members? I hope I made sense, I can't express my question clearly... lol
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »

Mare, I really did consider letting Howie die, but then thought it would be cruel for him to get out of the plane crash and survive time in the jungle only to die from an infection just before being rescued.  It was very tempting though and only the fact that there would be no more BSB made me reconsider and keep him alive (sorry Howie, I love you really).

Ritz, yes the plane crash was really an accident.  The plane was such an old heap of junk that it shouldn't have been flying.  The TV show researchers/planners didn't do their planning very well and should never have let them go up in it.  But I suppose they were trying to keep costs down, hehehehe :)

Julie, I kind of grossed myself out as I was writing it, lol.  Definitely my favourite part of the story :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »

Hey gang!

Sorry i'm posting this so late. I should really post a little earlier on Mondays since Steph is way ahead of me time zone wise lol

It's time to read the next set of chapters so lets do chapters 11 - 15 by next Monday!

I am loving all the questions and insight.

I know you've told me this before Steph, buy how did you come up with the name Save a Prayer for this story?

Did you plan anything else gross to happen to the guys and change your mind before having them rescued?

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »

What made you decide on Howie to injure? LOL. 

AJ had the snake scare, Howie was injured I don't recall anything really scary happening to Brian, why was that? or am I forgetting what you did to him?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4