Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange  (Read 13169 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: FS for January 2012: Save a Prayer by Carter-Orange
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 04:11:17 AM »

Hey gang!

Sorry i'm posting this so late. I should really post a little earlier on Mondays since Steph is way ahead of me time zone wise lol

It's time to read the next set of chapters so lets do chapters 11 - 15 by next Monday!

I am loving all the questions and insight.

I know you've told me this before Steph, buy how did you come up with the name Save a Prayer for this story?

Did you plan anything else gross to happen to the guys and change your mind before having them rescued?

Good questions!

The story name came from the Duran Duran song Save A Prayer.  It's one of my favourite songs but the video in particular is what made me decide on the story title.  The video for the song is shot in Sri Lanka and shows the band in the jungle there, so I just thought it would be perfect seeing as I would be stranding BSB in the jungle.  Also because they were praying they would get out alive, lol.

I was going to have a few more gory bits, like Howie having to have his leg amputated with a machete.  I was tempted to have a giant snake eat someone, or have them attacked by a group of angry monkeys, or for the rope bridge to break and someone fall into a crocodile infested river and get torn apart.  There might be a few more ideas too, but I can't think right now :)  I even thought of just having Nick survive it and live to tell the tale.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:55 AM »

What made you decide on Howie to injure? LOL. 

AJ had the snake scare, Howie was injured I don't recall anything really scary happening to Brian, why was that? or am I forgetting what you did to him?

I decided to injure Howie because I see him as the new sort of leader of the band, he seems to be the business mind of the band, so I wanted him to be the vulnerable one and having to depend on the others.

As for Brian, I did make him walk across that rope bridge when he's scared of heights and he did get a nasty cut to his face.  But I suppose he's the one I forget about like others forget Howie, lol :)

Thanks for all the questions everyone :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »

So how close were you to going ahead with the "Howie having to have his leg amputated with a machete" scene, and what made you decide to save his leg at the last second?  You know I was gearing up for a gory choppage scene!  ;D
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »

So how close were you to going ahead with the "Howie having to have his leg amputated with a machete" scene, and what made you decide to save his leg at the last second?  You know I was gearing up for a gory choppage scene!  ;D

Yes, how close was it to coming off competely?
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »

I really really wanted to chop it off and even wrote it.  But then I thought about them touring and and couldn't imagine him doing his dance moves with one leg, lol.  I sometimes wish I'd chopped it though.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:01 PM »

Howie the peg leg! lmao

I can see him on the cruise yelling "This is Howie do it!" Holding his wooden leg over his head and whistling. (sorry Howie)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »

LMFAO Mare!!

And Steph, I know what you mean.  The no more dancing would be a bummer.  So you actually wrote the scene?  Can you post it here as a bonus feature? LOL
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:25 AM »

If I hadn't deleted it, I'd post it Julie.  I always delete the parts that I don't keep in the story so that my word document stays nice and neat.  I could give it a go and see if I can remember what I wrote though :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:31 AM »

Aww, that's okay, don't worry about it!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »

Howdy! Time to start reading the next set of chapters. Let's read chapters 16 - 23 by next Tuesday.

:)

I'll be back with questions later when my brain is working lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »

Would you ever consider writing a sequel to this? Maybe about the after effects? Or are you considering writing another adventure anytime soon?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »

What was your favorite part of the story to write?

Was there any part that made you squirm while writing it?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 04:59:23 AM »

Good questions Mare!

No, I won't be doing a sequel as there's nothing much more to tell.  They got out alive, end of story, lol.  I suppose there are the after effects they have to deal with, but I'll leave that up to other people's imaginations to guess how they dealt with it all. 

My favourite part to write was probably the part where the plane was going down and crashed.  Nick was understandably terrified as the plane was heading for the ground, but once down on the ground and relatively unhurt, he took charge of the situation and became a hero.

The Jordan bot fly part did make me squirm a bit as I was mentally picturing it as I wrote it...gross!

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »

Just sat down and read this story all in one sitting!  You did a terrific job, especially with the gore - I mean bot flies in the head  :shock:  = awesome!

Loved the idea for the story and you executed it very well.  I hated to see all of the NKOTB boys offed (what can I say... Donnie Wahlberg is yummy  :shrug: ), but totally understandable and I'm glad you didn't kill AJ or Howie!!   
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »

Just a thought : Do you think, steph, if you let Howie or Brian lead the group, the story would be as awesome as it turned out with Nick?
A world without Alex is a wasted space.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4