Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: BSB / ER crossover  (Read 7918 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
BSB / ER crossover
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »

I never thought I'd actually use this board because I'm not one to talk about my ideas before I write them, but I wanna throw this one out there.  I've been thinking I'd love to do a crossover sometime - BSB with ER (the TV show).

I'm not a big fan of crossovers and have never had success writing fanfic for other fandoms, but I am a huge fan of ER, I love writing medical drama, and I'm fairly familiar with Chicago, so it seems like such an obvious choice, I don't know why I've never attempted it before!

I'm trying to exert some self-control and not start any new longterm projects until I finish some of the in-progress stuff I've already posted, but I've been toying with the idea the past couple of weekends and am curious to know if it's an idea worth continuing to think about or not.

There's not even a category for ER fanfic on AC at the moment, so I'm wondering, are there other ER fans on the board?  Would anyone be interested in reading a crossover?  And for the people who like medical drama but didn't watch ER, would having it be a crossover prevent you from reading it, or would you be willing to give it a try?

Just curious to hear thoughts and see if there's an interest in it.  If so, it's a project I'd definitely consider writing at some point.  I'm also looking for opinions on something else, but I'll save that for a separate post.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: BSB / ER crossover
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »

You know I'd read it. Crossovers aren't a turnoff. I'd totally read it for the medical drama LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »

Thanks!

It would be hardcore epic medical drama.  Almost like that other medical drama collab we used to write that we don't write anymore... :P  But my writing and research skills are much better now, so it would be better written than that one.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:07:10 AM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:14 AM »

LMFAO that poor collab we completely abandoned along with several others? I vaguely remember that... :P.

And I have complete faith in your medical drama skills. At that, you are the queen lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:14:26 AM »

Okay, so my other question, for ER fans, is what era should it take place in?  Right now I have three different scenarios in mind:

1. One is set in 1995, so early BSB days, before they were famous, which would be Season 2 of ER, with Doug and Carol, Susan, and the rest of the original cast.

2. The next one is set in 1997, around the time BSB released their first album in the States, which would be Season 4 of ER, with most of the original cast plus Weaver, Corday, Romano...

3. The third possibility is early 2001, which would be Season 7, the beginning of the Luka/Abby era, after Doug and Carol were both off the show.

I like all three scenarios for different reasons and can't decide which I like the most, so just wondering if anyone had any strong preferences about BSB eras or ER characters they'd like to see.  If so, lemme know, and that might help me decide!

~Julie

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

I love crossovers. :D  I say  do #1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:10:53 PM by carterkid »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:38 PM »

Thanks for the opinion! :)
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 09:29:41 AM »

Can you believe I've never seen ER?  But I'd read whatever you wrote even if I didn't know the ER characters :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 09:37:21 PM »

Thanks, Steph. :)  ER was the best show of all time... perfect blend of medical drama and good characters.  I don't know if they ever show reruns of it in the UK, but it's worth watching (the early seasons, anyway... they jumped the shark in about Season 10).
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »

I'll have to see if repeats are shown here.  I know it was on TV here years ago, but it was before I had Sky+ and so didn't watch so much TV back then.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »

a crossover with ER and BSB with you? I can't imagine how you've managed not to do it already ;)    It seems so natural for you. 

Personally I only know the original cast...sooo... . I would lean towards '95 myself. lol
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »

I know, right?  I think I thought of it once, years ago, but never developed it into an actual idea.  It does seem pretty obvious.  That's what I was thinking... I'd be more likely to attract readers with the earlier cast that people know, even if they didn't watch the show a lot.  Thanks, Lore!
~Julie

Mistral

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 02:48:07 PM »

1e please!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

Thanks! :)  This start has been started, but I'm only on Chapter 3 and not writing regularly on it yet.  It will happen at some point though, I promise!  I am just super busy right now!
~Julie