Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FS for May 2012: Remember Me This Way  (Read 8226 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: FS for May 2012: Remember Me This Way
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »

What was everyone's favorite part of this story?

It's hard to decide on a favourite part for me.  I just love the way they all handle Nick's illness and are there for him no matter what and didn't just abandon him. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 03:22:30 PM »

I think that's my favorite part too. I love how they all come together to support him. Rose did a great job in the bromantic department with this one lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »

Thank you! I loved writing the group bromance Lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:56 PM »

I loved the whole story, but the first part that came to mind was when Nick wanders off on Thanksgiving (or was it Christmas?) and goes missing... partly because Rose and I made a lot of jokes about it on IM as she was writing it, and partly because when I actually read the finished scene, it was really sad and scary and showed just how bad he'd gotten and how freaked out by it the Boys were.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »

I know it's June and all but I just started reading this story! okay I know it's because Rose is my reading challenge partner but I have been meaning to read it.

So far I am enjoying what I'm reading and the subtle hints that she's already started putting in the chapters before the diagnosis.  It is a great way of leading it to show that it's not something that happens overnight and I have my tissues ready.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »

I loved the whole story, but the first part that came to mind was when Nick wanders off on Thanksgiving (or was it Christmas?) and goes missing... partly because Rose and I made a lot of jokes about it on IM as she was writing it, and partly because when I actually read the finished scene, it was really sad and scary and showed just how bad he'd gotten and how freaked out by it the Boys were.

Traveling Thanksgiving.. . Christmas was the Carter Christmas LOL. We're horrible, but the pics you made still crack me up LMAO.

I know it's June and all but I just started reading this story! okay I know it's because Rose is my reading challenge partner but I have been meaning to read it.

So far I am enjoying what I'm reading and the subtle hints that she's already started putting in the chapters before the diagnosis.  It is a great way of leading it to show that it's not something that happens overnight and I have my tissues ready.

Thanks! That's to me, the scariest part, is how signs show up but you typically don't notice them as they're easy to shrug off.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3]