Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!  (Read 17245 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!
« on: December 16, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »

The rules are fairly simple, and easy to follow. If everyone abides by them then we should all be able to live in harmony.  :)

1. NO personal attacks on people (either members, celebrities, or fictional characters), no flaming fics, no gossipping. We're pretty flexible, but we don't want people offended, and no one should have to be asked to leave for being mean.  Constructive criticisms and opinions are welcome, but personal attacks are not.

2. NO giving out personal information. This is for safety reasons, it is possible for more than just the members here to see your posts/comments so please don't post your email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, or anything of the sort outside of personal messages.

3. NO NC-17-rated posts. Language and topics must be kept PG-13. Let's keep it fun and safe for everyone of all ages.

4. This board is for discussion of fics, not the posting of them. If you want to post your fic do so on www.absolutechaos.net NOT here. On that same note, no roleplaying. Keep it on MSN.

41/2. There's no need for you to bump empty threads. It will only get your thread deleted. If you don't have anything legitimate to add beyond "bump!" then take it somewhere else.

5. NO picture posts! Some people are still on dial up (poor, poor souls) and their computers will explode if they have to load a dozen pictures every time they try to reply. No joke.  ;) Feel free to post LINKS to (non NC-17 rated) photos.

51/2. Material that is protected under copyright is not to be posted on these boards.

6. Custom Avatars are currently allowed, but they must be non-offensive and appropriate for younger viewers. The image size restriction is 100x100 and file size should remain small (less than 6kb). The glittery or animated avatars may look neat, but those poor poor souls that are still on dial up would really appreciate not having to clean up the mess after the explosions they cause. Avatars that overly slow the site or are found to be offensive may be removed at the mods' discretion.

61/2. Same goes for graphics in your signatures. The AC banners rules state nothing larger than 600 pixels. Those rules apply here also.  Revised from before: If you want to have an image in your siggy it must not be more than 300 pixels in size. For instance 150x150 would work (Avatar sized) For text you can't go over 500 characters.

We have the right to delete your images if you do go over the 300 pixel mark.

7. The most important rule of all...we make the rules, we can change the rules, no questions asked. Should we feel the need to modify any of the above rules, we will, and you will like it (or not). MUAHAHAHA!

Should you have any problems, or have concerns about whether or not a post is breaking these rules, don't hesitate to contact the moderators. We are here to make sure your time using these boards is good.

Thank You,

The Mods.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:39:31 AM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Rules - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »

I'm bumping this up so some of the newbies will remember to read these before they post!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »

Please read the revised siggy rules!

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »

I am bumping this thread up since we have so many new members.

Especially pay attention to #6 1/2. Some of you guys have signatures that are way too big and I don't want to start deleting them, but I will if I have too so please make the changes yourself. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

That also goes for posting tons of banners in any given thread or tons of pics. One every now and then is okay especially in the challenge threads or if you are making a point or sharing one photo but in excess it slows down this board so please be aware of that.

Thanks and please enjoy your stay. I will be around with the pretzels and soda cart later!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green