Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare  (Read 11879 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare
« on: June 01, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »

Okay this is going to be a very awkward month if I have to do this myself  :'( lol

Because several of you requested I have another month, I decided to go ahead and give myself another one lol I had a really hard time deciding which story to pick. I was going to go with an old one but I know how this thing works and figured it was best to do one that most of you have read and might want to discuss. I went with What Lurks Around the Corner.

This is the time I would assign you chapters to read but lets be honest, I don't think anyone who hasn't read it will actually read it, so instead i'm just going to say if you want me to answer any questions etc... post them in here and i'll be more than happy to answer them for you.

If anyone wants to play host that would also be great because honestly? lol This is weird.

Happy reading! lmao erm...  :-*

Here's the link in case anyone wants to check it out.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10130
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 04:37:32 PM »

Yay Mare! I love this story, I really really do LOL.

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Bonus Question - what was your favorite scene to write in this story?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »

Yay! Thanks, Rose :) I shall answer these after dinner lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:56:55 PM »

No problem. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »

Yay I love this story and am keen to see your replies to Rose's questions :)

I will have a think of some and come back.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26:58 PM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

I really kept changing my mind about things throughout the entire story and that was a first for me. Originally Bob was going to be the bad guy and I had never planned on writing a brother lol He kind of wrote himeself and I was all..what? Okie dokie then. I had also planned on killing him for good and killing Kevin, but I couldn't do it. I also made the decision to stop writing while I was writing this one.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

Not sure, probably about 9 months or so. Usually I start in the summer and finish around Christmas lol

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Breeana McShane was the most popular girl in her high school and wanted to have smutty sex all day and all night long with Nick Carter and Donnie Walhberg. See what happens when they all meet up for one hot night in a janitor's closet. Will AJ get her pregnant with a baboon baby? He wanted to be part of the story, he felt left out!

That'll get some people to read this who haven't yet!

4) What made you come up with the concept of this one? 

I just thought how crazy it would be to wake up one day and find out your entire life was one huge lie and all these weird random dreams you had since childhood turned out to be real!

5) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

I loved writing Max. He was nice and sarcastic and we never really knew if he was a good guy or a bad guy. I tried to think Snape as I wrote him. What would Snape Do? lol

6) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

Jane and Bob. I'm not a fan and try to leave them out of things as much as possible but sometimes you just gotta do it.

7) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

Of course!

Bonus Question - what was your favorite scene to write in this story?

You guys are probably going to laugh a lot at my replies to some questions because of my horrible HORRIBLE memory! I couldn't even remember the name of this story, remember? lmao Saying all that i'm not sure I have a favorite scene. I think the one visual I had in my head the entire time was of Nick hiding under his bed witnessing his mother's murder. I kind of based my entire story around that scene.

Wow, if anyone hasn't read this i'm just giving all kinds of things away! lmao

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 05:28:42 PM »

Thanks. Steph! :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 06:40:22 PM »

LMFAO at your summary!!!

I love this story, Mare!  You are great at so many genres, but your suspense stories like this one and It Stays will always be my favorites.  You know how to keep people guessing and how to leave them hanging!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »

Thanks! lol

:)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »

Mare you already know how I felt about this story lol. I basically spammed you with reviews. It is definitely one of my favorites by you. I especially like the part where Nick kept wondering the stuffed pig's name, where did that idea come from?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »

Thanks, Tracy! I always looked forward to your reviews! Seriously it's one of the things I miss about not writing anymore lol

The pig idea came from a chat with Rose, Julie and a few others and I was trying to come up with a name for this story. I was having the hardest time coming up with a name and I just said something like. I should name it something random like The Blueberry pig! Of course when I started writing this, I found the perfect opportunity to add it in there so I did. So, yeah it was an inside joke that actually ended up being an important plot point. Who knew? lmao

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »

Awww *blushes* well I always looked forward to new chapters, even if I waited a long time for them. There was so much about this story that I liked, the idea was just really clever. I also remember the part about Nick hiding in bathrooms all the time, I noticed you've used that in other stories. Is that a trait you see the real Nick having or just something you came up with?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:30:22 AM »

Actually it's something I do lol

Whenever I tried to get away from bad things happening in my house, I often ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

Oddly enough I do that at work. If I am upset I go in there until I calm down. Something about a bathroom is calming lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »

I agree lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4