Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare  (Read 11878 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »

Thanks, Ritz :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:08 AM »

Just checking in since we are at the halfway mark. If anyone has any questions about this one or any of my stuff feel free to ask. Also go over to the featured thread and request some authors you'd like to see featured. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »

I know this question isn't relating to Lurks, but which of your stories have you found the toughest to write?  Have there been any you've felt like giving up on? 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »

That's a great question, Steph. For me the answer is the same and that's Scars Run Deep which is the sequel to Protect & Serve. I was going through a major writing funk during that one and really wasn't liking the direction I was going. I also wasn't sure if people were reading it so all those factors made it really hard for me to write and I really did think of just abandoning it at one point. If it weren't for a few people it would have been the first story I ever quit. Luckily I did finish it though and in the end I didn't think it was that bad lol

It's really one of the only stories that lack of reviews was getting to me. Probably because I loved the first one so much. lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

Sequels are hard!  They usually don't get as many reviews as the first one, and it's hard when the inspiration runs out.  I'm glad you were able to finish it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 08:11:11 PM »

I am too. Thanks, Julie!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »

This is where the host comes in and says, okay guys the month is almost over so if you have any questions or comments, don't forget to post them in here!

Just wanted to thank you to everyone who has come in and participated! :) You guys are awesome!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 02:26:41 PM »

Wow, I can't believe June is almost over already!

Here's my question - now that Kevin's back and you've had some time off, can you see yourself ever writing another story like this?  Your suspense fics like this one and It Stays are my favorites!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »

I know! This month went by a little too fast for my liking. I am hoping July takes its time lol

Thanks, Julie but honestly, I still have no desire to write fanfics anymore :(

That may change when interviews start up & I sense that bond I've been missing. If it does the only stories I could see me writing are suspense and action.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

I really hope you come out of fanfic retirement when we see the boys all together, even if it's only for the challenges :)

Which of your fanfics has been your favourite to write?  Or favourite scene in a story?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:27 PM »

It's usually the summer when I get my burst of writing energy since I have so much free time. I'm hoping something will happen this summer or i'm afriad it's not going to at all!

I do plan on writing challenge stories, if the challenge seems interesting to me (which I know sounds funny because I make a lot of them lmao) Even if I don't write any full length novels any longer. We'll see if Kevin can work his magic lol

My favorite fanfic to write? That's a hard question lol when I first started I was churning out fanfics so quickly. I would write all day long just chapter after chapter. That was the most fun I had writing I think, back in the Little Cabin in the Woods, The Apartment and Total Kaos 24/7 days. I think I probably was writing and finishing a fanfic a month back then.

My favorite to write though would be a tie between Why I'd do it All Again and Fly fishing. I remember actually looking forward to writing chapters for those two where all the other after my early stuff, felt more like homework.

My favorite scenes are a little easier. The falling out the window scene in Why stands out to me lol

It's usually the turning point scenes in stories. The ones where no one really sees it coming. Like in Shadow Woods the big reveal scene which I won't elaborate on because you're reading it now, Steph or the big thing that happens in Whatever which again i'll refrain from since Julie is reading that one lol When little Nick is kidnapped in Protect and Serve or in Separate Ways when Nick and his brother finally meet for the first time. Usually when I write it's those scenes I have in my mind and I just get really excited when I finally get to them!

Thanks for the questions! I hope these answers weren't overly too long! :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »

What Steph said! :)

I think I said this before, but I'll say it again - I'm really glad you're at least still interested in running this forum and talking fanfic with us, Mare!  I can't imagine AC without you!  Really, I can't imagine fanfic without you, because I've known you longer than AC and probably longer than I've known anyone else on here!  Ten years, I believe, since the summer you wrote Mizpah.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »

It has been a long time!! I remember emailing you chapters for your site while you were in the library working with your mom cleaning computers at school lol

When I think back to those days it amazes me how many of you from the very beginning of time, I still talk to! You and I are the only ones who have stayed with it from all of us way back in the day though!! Go us!! LOL although I still try to get Mersey to write from time to time, failing miserably!

I could never leave this site or fandom, even if I don't love the guys as much as I used to and barely write or read fanfic, I love all of you guys too much to just up and leave. You have all been such an important (all yet hidden) part of my life for such a long time. We're all like a weird little 'lets torture the guys and have a party' family! LOL 

So yeah, whether you all like it or not, you're stuck with me! (I'm sure some of you wish this wasn't true :OP ) lmao

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »

^ Yep!  That's how I remember when it was, because I remember reading Mizpah on the school computers I was supposed to be taking apart and ghosting!  :angel:

I appreciate that about you, because not everyone feels that way.  I've had several friends from that era and earlier who stopped writing fanfic and fell off the face of the internet.  I stay in touch with a couple of them on Facebook, but some of them I haven't talked to in years.  It's hard when your whole friendship is built around a common interest and forged online and then one of you loses that interest and disappears.

Sorry, I'm getting us off topic, but yeah... yay torture!  :cheers:
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 03:44:49 AM »

Kevin better deliver with the brotherly bond and fab interviews then lmao. I want you writing fanfic again! :P.

Nah, I'm just happy you haven't left AC or the fandom. I'd be so sad if you did lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4