Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare  (Read 11880 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: FS for June: What Lurks Around the Corner by Mare
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 04:47:37 AM »

I kind of think that's so douchey when people just disappear because suddenly they aren't into it anymore. I understand it, especially since so many people were so young when they started up in the fandom, but to just kind of not bother to say anything to people at one point you talked to all the time, just let's you see how disposable we can be as friends to them.

I don't 'roll' like that lol

Thanks guys!  :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »

I have to agree, that is a douchey thing to do. Even if I stopped writing, I'd still talk to everyone. I would miss you all too much!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »

Yes, I can't understand it either, especially when people chatted all the time then went missing.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 04:40:08 PM »

I think it's awful when people just vanish like that.  It happened with a bunch of girls I used to talk to on the Take That site.  We used to talk all the time, even met up on a number of occasions too, but then the site closed and some of them lost their love for Take That when Robbie re-joined and I've not heard from them since!  Shame really, but they obviously weren't very good friends after all :(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »

That really sucks! And you're right, it just shows that in the end they weren't real friends. Ick!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2012, 09:51:28 AM »

I've lost contact with most all of my Lipsticks that I used to work on the site with.  I am super sad about that because I thought we had bonded beyond just working on the site together.  I even told them all that just because they weren't working on the site anymore that it didn't mean we couldn't chat but they are gone, I've lost all but a couple into oblivion. 

Maybe some people don't want to remember that they were once silly enough about the boys to work on a humor site.  Trying to push that out of their past or something.  It is what it is, but it's upsetting.

I'm not sad about not talking one person from my past, we really don't mesh due to age differences and her personality change.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »

Yeah, sometimes people just drift naturally, but it's sad when you are dismissed just because they are done with the fandom or fanfic whatever it is. Major personality changes suck too. I notice that mostly with people who were really young and immature to start out with.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]