Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Stephen King thread!  (Read 7303 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The Stephen King thread!
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 04:37:38 AM »

I only have two chapters to go so I'll probably be finishing it up today. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 05:28:34 AM »

Hey Rose, have you read the brand new Dark Tower book yet?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

11/22/63 is a freaking amazing book. I need to get it back from my cousin, I lent it to him to read but the little shit still hasn't read it yet lmao. Definitely need that back so I can re-read lol. I really liked where it went with it, for an unrealistic concept he really carried it off in a believable way. Jake makes a choice I'm not sure I'd be able to make at the end.

My faves are always gonna be the Dark Tower series (amaaaaaazing, I never get sick of reading them), and The Stand lol. The first book I ever read by him though was Firestarter, which is just a classic.

Just finished it. It ended exactly the way I wanted it to. I have to admit I chortled at the mention of Canada lol weird!

What a great book! I got a little teary at the end, I admit.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 03:57:53 PM »

Hey Rose, have you read the brand new Dark Tower book yet?

OMG no, I forgot about that lol. I knew there was another coming out but I haven't picked it up yet. You? Is it as good as the others?

Just finished it. It ended exactly the way I wanted it to. I have to admit I chortled at the mention of Canada lol weird!

What a great book! I got a little teary at the end, I admit.

I loved the Canada mention LMAO. OMG the ending got me so misty eyed! I loved it though, it's an ending, not perfect or anything. Just how it should be.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »

I haven't gotten it yet. I'm kind of on the fence about getting the new one. I just feel like it's over & done with lol I'm probably going to cave and read it though!

And I love most of his endings. They always just seem perfect. Not over the top happy or sad but just right. lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »

After I've finished 11.22.63 I'll read the Dark Tower books I think.

I ended up going to sleep much later than I planned last night as I couldn't put the book down!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »

There are so many layers to this book that sometimes it can get confusing lol I think it would make an epic movie as long as they don't ruin it like they do most of his stories.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »

Dude, I dunno how I feel about a new DT book either. Like part of me is uber-excited, and part of me is like...um, this is supposed to be over lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 05:05:57 AM »

Exactly! I mean theres really no place to go since we all know the scoop lol

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 09:59:05 AM »

I haven't started to read 11/22/63 more as I got caught up in another series of books but I'm about half way through the second one and the third hasn't been published yet.  I am not going to enjoy waiting for that I'm sure.  *sigh*  Once I'm done with it though it is 11/22/63 until I finish.  :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »

Interesting interview with SK about 11/22/63

http://www.stephenking.co.uk/site/112263_interview.php5

:)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »

That was an interesting interview :)

Well I'm just over 20% through the book now and loving it so much.  I also like the fact that he's included characters and things from IT, like the clown, the saying "beep-beep Richie", etc.  Derry sounds like a depressing place though, I'm imagining it like it is on the IT film.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 01:49:48 PM »

He always does that. It's one of the things I love the most about him lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 02:42:19 PM »

Ah right, it's been such a long time since I read one of his books that I wouldn't have noticed.  But the book IT  has always stood out to me because I hate clowns, lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »

Me too! lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6