Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Stephen King thread!  (Read 7277 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: The Stephen King thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

I actually have watched IT.  I don't watch/read horror but I watched that one and I'm not afraid of clowns... now Tim Curry on the other hand ;)   lol
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:13 PM »

I just think clowns are scary looking, especially Pennywise the clown, lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

I've never trusted clowns, they're always a little too happy!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »

The circus opens in town tonight and it made me think of Stephen King's Pennywise *shudders*

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

I just got to the part where they discussed the child deaths in Derry.  I knew when I first heard Derry that I knew that town name for some reason... well duh! :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

Yeah, a lot of his stories take place in Derry lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

65% of the way through, I could tell you what page that is if you really wanted to know.  I'm loving it.  I love all the little tidbits of history there is.  Sure it's slow right now because he's waiting but it doesn't bother me it is such a good read.  :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »

Yay! Glad you're enjoying it. I can't wait for you & Steph to finish so we can discuss lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

Wow Lore, you're way ahead of me! I'm still loving it though, need to go to bed earlier so I can read more as I like to read before I go to sleep.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »

Finally finished reading it.  Wow, what a book!  I was willing him to get there in time to stop Lee, and every obstacle in their way had me on the edge of my seat.  I didn't like the sound of that future, it kind of reminded me of the alternate world BSB ended up in during Whatever The Night May Bring.

I can't begin to explain how much I loved this book, I've just spent the last 4 hours finishing it though as I couldn't put it down when I got to the crucial part.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »

I know! It was pretty epic! I am glad he went and saw the older version of ack... Can't remember her name lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »

Sadie.  Yeah, I'm glad he went to see her too, perhaps after that he would be able to move on.  I would've liked a happy ending for Jake and Sadie, but that's just the romantic in me and I loved what Stephen King did with the story.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »

I don't think all of that would have happened if JFK had lived. That's what the new yellow card man was telling him.  It was because he changed the past that it all happened, it created those earthquakes and the chage was so huge that it was literally tearing the world a part.  Some of the changes were a result of JFK living but also because of the way the world was reacting, the earthquakes and other natural disasters that were occuring changed things that might not have been if JFK had lived originally.  I thought it was a great way to show that making changes like that would never be for the good no matter what you thought. 

I was cheering for him to get up there too. And when she was killed! wow! I KNEW something like that was going to happen though.  He messed with the past and Al told him it doesn't want to be changed.  Now we know why. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »

Makes you wonder if this world is so crappy because someone went and changed something in our world. lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Yeah, I didn't think the changes in the future were just down to JFK living, rather that it was because every little change he made caused something more major to happen in it's place.  Yes, time didn't want to be changed, but it would've been nice if it had wanted to be, but then we wouldn't have had all that suspense and excitement.

I was really sad when she died, but I knew something had to happen to counter balance Lee's death :(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6