Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Stephen King thread!  (Read 7311 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: The Stephen King thread!
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »

Makes you wonder if this world is so crappy because someone went and changed something in our world. lol

It certainly does get the brain thinking!  I've always loved the idea of time travel and often wonder what the world would be like if certain things in history hadn't occurred.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Me too!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »

Me three! 

I do like how he explained the change didn't happen, or why it was changed back.  I was wondering how it was going to work since we obviously live in a world that JFK died in. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »

Yeah, I'm glad it reset! Part of me was thinking when he tried to go through the last time that it would be too late and not reset.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

Yeah, I wondered if it would reset after such a major change in history, because Al hadn't really changed anything had he?  Just bought meat and then watched Lee until he became too ill to carry on.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »

Part of me thought that too because of the original yellow card man dying.  I'm interested to learn about THEM.  where/what time do they come from?  How did they create these time holes? what happened to create them?  I want to know about them.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »

Al did change something.  He kept that girl from being a wheelchair.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »

Al did change something.  He kept that girl from being a wheelchair.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

Part of me thought that too because of the original yellow card man dying.  I'm interested to learn about THEM.  where/what time do they come from?  How did they create these time holes? what happened to create them?  I want to know about them.

I wanted to know more about them too, would be an interesting story.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »

Know SK I wouldn't count out a short story dealing with the yellow card man or them showing up in another novel at some point.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »

well this is only the second SK book I've ever read and the first one was an "accident".  I found a book that didn't have an author, I was interested, read a bit and was hooked.  It was a historical fiction journal about a woman who marries some man and moves into a house.... how was I to know it it was the companion story to Rose Red by him.  I didn't realize it until I caught part of the mini series on TV and thought, 'hey that sounds like the book I read' and so I looked into it more.  Man I felt dumb. 

anyway to the point of the post, I hope he writes a companion with the yellow card men or something else with them in it.  I'd probably read that one just to find out, unless it's horror. I'd be sad if it was horror.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 05:40:31 PM »

we should have warned people... spoilers abound for 11/22/63 in this thread ... heh
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »

You would think people would kind of figure it out since this thread is to discuss the book lol

Rose Red was a crazy book! lol

I think if you decide to read anything else by him, you should go for the Dark Tower Series or Eyes of the Dragon.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 01:50:07 AM »

I'm going to read the Dark Tower books once I've got through the couple of books I've got.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:27 AM »

I am going to *cringe* finish Twilight then I have a couple on my Kindle and some books my husband liked that we own that I'm going to give a shot before I go on the hunt for more books. :)  I have put them on my list though, at least to try. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6