Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Time zone / 2 a day limit on most recent  (Read 14600 times)

myconfession

Time zone / 2 a day limit on most recent
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »

Weird question....

What time zone is the time on the website in? Because I know there's a 2 a day limit on the page... but I updated "She's Not You" well past minute (I didn't get home until almost 12:30) and it says it was still updated on the 10th.. which means I have 3 stories on the Most Recents page that says 7/10/12.

So is there like a certain time, say 1 a.m. because the site is in CST?

I wanted to point that out because I just noticed it and didn't want to get banned.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Time zone / 2 a day limit on most recent
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:36 AM »

Personally I don't think it matters, you shouldn't be updating more than 2 stories within the same 24 hours. That's the point of the rule no matter what time zone it's set in.

I only say that though cause others have been ignorant to the rule or aspects of it and they still got banned. I mean updating right at midnight seems like trying to skirt the rule anyway.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »

eFiction takes the time zone from the server which is in Central time.

Check your DMs.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

myconfession

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »

Personally I don't think it matters, you shouldn't be updating more than 2 stories within the same 24 hours. That's the point of the rule no matter what time zone it's set in.

I only say that though cause others have been ignorant to the rule or aspects of it and they still got banned. I mean updating right at midnight seems like trying to skirt the rule anyway.

Well personally I don't think you should be jumping to make accusations. I didn't wait until midnight to "skirt" anything. I mentioned midnight because I know I didn't get home until after it so there was no way I could have posted that chapter on the 10th.

Besides, no where in the rules does it say anything about that, not that I was trying to "skirt" around it as you said.

Thanks Julia btw, I replied to your DM :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »

Well personally I don't think you should be jumping to make accusations. I didn't wait until midnight to "skirt" anything. I mentioned midnight because I know I didn't get home until after it so there was no way I could have posted that chapter on the 10th.

Besides, no where in the rules does it say anything about that, not that I was trying to "skirt" around it as you said.

Thanks Julia btw, I replied to your DM :)

I said "seems" for one, which by definition states that's how it looked, not precisely what it was. I was on AC at the time. I mean posting right after midnight is a little much, especially when you updated earlier that day and you aren't sure what time it'll log it as. People post from many time zones so it makes sense to err on the side of caution.

That's all I'll say on it though, as it is not my place to say more.

I wasn't accusing anything however, simply making an observation.

:)

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

myconfession

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »

I said "seems" for one, which by definition states that's how it looked, not precisely what it was. I was on AC at the time. I mean posting right after midnight is a little much, especially when you updated earlier that day and you aren't sure what time it'll log it as. People post from many time zones so it makes sense to err on the side of caution.

That's all I'll say on it though, as it is not my place to say more.

I wasn't accusing anything however, simply making an observation.

:)

Right.... it's what it "seemed" to you, but that's just a slight way of going around what you really wanted to say, which is accusing me of skirting around the rules.

It was another day, plain and simple. When I saw the mistake, I pointed it out in case I was in the wrong. Maybe the rules should be expanded to say two within a 24-hour time difference? And have the actual times placed on the layout (because I don't see any, just dates).

Way to make someone feel welcomed. *golf clap* Somehow I'm not surprised, though.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »

The issue has been addressed and dealt with. Back to your corners! :P

Each situation is dealt with on a case-by-case basis, as per always. We appreciate you bringing the issue to our attention as soon as you realized it.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »

Right.... it's what it "seemed" to you, but that's just a slight way of going around what you really wanted to say, which is accusing me of skirting around the rules.

It was another day, plain and simple. When I saw the mistake, I pointed it out in case I was in the wrong. Maybe the rules should be expanded to say two within a 24-hour time difference? And have the actual times placed on the layout (because I don't see any, just dates).

Way to make someone feel welcomed. *golf clap* Somehow I'm not surprised, though.

Okay Karah, if you want to think that way, you're welcome to it. I however, don't want to discuss it any further. As I said before, it's not my place to say more than what I already stated. So after this I'll be done posting in this thread.

I would think you felt welcomed though, since you've been a member longer than just recently? In any event, have a nice day.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

Sorry Julilly, I saw your post just now :) lol. I have faith in you and Mare in treating everyone fairly anyway. :) I didn't think my post would be taken personally by anyone.

myconfession

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 11:55:30 AM »

Thanks Julia  ;)

:plugears: