Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well, hey there.  (Read 7361 times)

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
Well, hey there.
« on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:19 PM »

I've now posted two completed stories on AC, but I've never used the forums, so does this still count as an opportunity to introduce myself?

There isn't much to tell. I live in Missouri, I have a master's degree & work in marketing, I'm just shy of 30. I came back to fanfic in 2009, then in earnest this summer, with "The Boys on the Bus." I was reeeeeeeally into fanfiction in about 1999, running a site called KTBSPA Fiction & writing a couple of perfectly awful stories that I was pretty proud of at the time. (Of course, I also wrote Daria fanfiction then, and it was also pretty bad, so...) Though my love affair with fanfiction has been an on-again, off-again sort of thing, I've been a BSB fan pretty consistently since about 1998 (which may be saying a lot because I'm told I listen to a lot of hipster music).

I also love Doctor Who! And tomatoes.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Well, hey there.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »

Welcome to the forum Ellebeth! I love tomatoes and am just getting into Dr. Who. I'm on the third season of the latest BBC one. Not liking it as much as the first two seasons but I'm trying to get used to Martha lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Dreamalittlebigger

• Fledgling
  • Amanda
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:11:48 PM »

Welcome Ellebeth! I absolutely love love LOVE the Boys on the Bus and so glad you're on the forums!
Tomatoes are the best, especially in salads, and my fave Doctor is 10. :)

Can't wait to read more of your other stories (and I'm sure your old fanfic is fantastic and not as awful as you say they are :) )

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »

Welcome, Ellebeth!  I hate tomatoes and have never watched Doctor Who, but I did like Daria back in the day!  I've also been into fanfic since 1999 and a fan since 98.  It's always nice to see people come back to the fandom after a break!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:15:42 PM »

Mare, it's so hard to get used to Martha after Rose, especially given the end Rose meets. But I love 10. I harbor an equally strong love for 11, though, mostly because I started watching the show with him.

dreamalittlebi gger, I posted something on the challenge board that should tell you how justifiably low my opinion of my old fanfic is. :)

RokofAges, I have a fanfic writer in her 40s to thank for getting me back into it, and she has no idea because she wrote her one & only story 10 years before I got back into fanfic. I don't remember how I found it, but it was the most awesome study break (I was in grad school at the time), and it totally inspired me to get going again -- which was nice, because I hadn't done any creative writing period in over a year. Fanfiction is still most of what I do, but I'm not complaining!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »

I think I might remember the name of that site from back in the day. Perhaps you were linked on mine. LOL.

mmm tomatoes, I never liked them growing up and then found that I really do like them.  I am an avid Dr. Who fan, I grew up on the 4th Dr. on PBS.  (And mare, I never cared much for Martha either)

I remember Daria! LOL she always reminded me of my friend/room mate in college.  

I too have been a fan since 1998 and had a site started in 1999 that has kind of wafted off into oblivion. Good thing that AC still exists for those of us still writing BSB fanfic to post. :)  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »

When you guys go by the # of Dr. Who, I get confused. I like this one with Martha now. Not sure what number he is but he's David Tenant? I liked the guy before him too.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »

David Tenant = #10
Christopher Ecclastian (sp) = #9
Matt Smith = #11

I can't tell you the actor's name for #4 he was the guy who wore the scarf ... lol
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

Welcome Ellebeth, I'm Steph from Wales and also a big Doctor Who fan too!  I grew up with it like Lore did and like all three of the recent doctors.  Not bothered about Martha either, but loved the whole Doctor and Rose storyline.

Lore, the one with the scarf is Tom Baker :)

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »

Wales! Heck yeah, I bet you grew up with some Doctor Who. :) Isn't the Doctor Who Experience over there? If I should ever make it to the UK (Ireland is very near the top of my bucket list, so...), I'm so going there.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »

Yes, the Doctor Who Experience is in Cardiff which is just a few miles away from where I live.  I've been there a couple of times and it's well worth a visit :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:25:22 AM »

Sorry i am late but welcome to the forum! I'm Tracy.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:26 AM »

Yes, the Doctor Who Experience is in Cardiff which is just a few miles away from where I live.  I've been there a couple of times and it's well worth a visit :)

well even more reason for me to come visit you! :-D 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »

well even more reason for me to come visit you! :-D 

You definitely should!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....