Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Getting a 403 error  (Read 14325 times)

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
Getting a 403 error
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »

Anyone else getting a 403 Forbidden error when they try to post a new story? I got one last night while trying to post my December challenge response to the site, decided to wait until today in case it might be because I posted another new story yesterday, but am still getting the same error today.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Getting a 403 error
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:45:32 AM »

Any change? No one else has mentioned having the issue to us. :/
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »

I get an error about every other time I try to upload a new chapter.  The message I get is "Invalid file upload!", even though I am uploading either an html or plain text file just as it says.  Honestly, I have resorted to saving my chapters as both file types, then trying to upload one. Then when I get an error message, I try uploading the other file type, and it usually works.  *shrugs* Whatever works, I guess :)  I also make sure to uncheck the "use tiny MCE" boxes when I upload files. 

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »

Still no change. I keep trying to upload my challenge story for the month (and I wrote it in about two hours, so I feel like a slouch for not having it up yet!). What I've always done is use tinyMCE, but use the Paste from Word function. I used that method to post a story over the weekend and had no problems. Should I try just pasting plain text? I've never used the option to upload a text file.

Ellebeth

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »

OK, I got it uploaded by unchecking everything & uploading a plain text file. Hopefully I don't get an error again. Oddly, a few days ago I got the same error while attempting to reply to a post on here, although it didn't come up for other posts & it was fine the next day. Who understands the Internet?