Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Felix Awards 2012 nominees are...  (Read 33057 times)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
Re: The Felix Awards 2012 nominees are...
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 03:38:26 AM »

Congratulation s to all the nominees! Thank you to whoever nominated me for the fantasy/supernatural author category. My only story, TOSONC, didn't make it but I am still happy and excited for the Felix Awards. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 05:47:36 AM »

Yes, we won last year.

Maybe I need to go back through the list of authors again lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 09:34:14 AM »

Well done to all the nominees and thanks to whoever nominated my stuff :)

Good luck everyone!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

Maybe I need to go back through the list of authors again lol

Mare's list of previous story winners for each category helped, but there wasn't one for authors (probably because last year was the first year you awarded them by genre).  It would be a good idea to post that list next year too, assuming there is a next year.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 04:40:59 PM »

Yeah I figured I would remember the authors off the top of my head as I scanned through and took things out... not so much apparently! :P
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »

Sorry...I was just asking. Thanks...

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

Huh?
~Maple Jellybean~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 07:36:58 AM »

Mare's list of previous story winners for each category helped, but there wasn't one for authors (probably because last year was the first year you awarded them by genre).  It would be a good idea to post that list next year too, assuming there is a next year.

Ooh yeah, I was gonna say, the list of authors technically is posted ... in last years winners list lol most people don't really reference the list judging by how much was taken out though.
~Maple Jellybean~

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 08:42:57 AM »

Lol really?  That's the first thing I check as I nominate.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »

Personally, for me anyway, there was a little bit of confusion based on this particular paragraph in the nomination thread: "Lastly, take a look at the winners from the past four years before you nominate a story. If an author has already won an award in that category for the same fic, they cannot be nominated again. You can only win one time in one category."  I think I misinterpreted that as the same fic/author combination can't be nominated if a particular story has already won, but that the author category wasn't included in that rule.  I guess I was thinking that if an author writes more fics in that genre the following year, they should have a shot at still being the best author in that category?Obviously, I should have paid closer attention to the wording there.  I believe I may have nominated one or two authors that had won before, so I sincerely apologize!  Being relatively new to the site, I haven't read a whole lot of stories, but did feel like I'd read enough to participate and nominate. Though, maybe I hadn't read enough different authors to nominate in those particular categories.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 10:25:24 AM »

I also won best sci-fi/fantasy/supernatural author last year ... though if the author is being nominated for a different story this year than last year wouldn't it count as a legit nomination, like best actor? *shrugs*  I have no problem with being removed, I won last year and I love that people think enough of me to nominate me again for best author in that category. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

When you're nominated for best author is doesn't count for one specific story, it just counts as you. Maybe if we are dumb enough to do this again next year, we can make that clarification so there isn't so much confusion about the author awards. It's probably only fair to remove you, Lore since we removed Julie and Hannah and Jenn as well. At least I think we did and or if didn't we will right now LOL

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »

Okay I just went and removed anyone who won best author last year in their categories. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

There were quite a few we didn't catch. Thanks Lore and Julie for pointing it out to us. 
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »

. It's probably only fair to remove you, Lore since we removed Julie and Hannah and Jenn as well.

no problem.  Like I said, it's great to know that people really like me as an author in that category but I won last year so it's only fair that this year since one of my 3 opponents get it since they are all great authors as well. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4